• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bio Passport Workin' Great

A

Anonymous

I thought the same thing. This continues the narrative that its only the donkeys who are the bad seeds.

A

Anonymous

comical_ali.jpg

Giunti was one of the minority who still use PEDs.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
What really smarts is the constant barrage of claims that ...

The UCI said in a statement to day that Giunti's non-negative control had been carried out in response to irregularities detected under the biological passport programme.

I mean come on. Seriously!? :confused: Is there ANYONE who believes this complete and utter spin!?

I DARE UCI to do a demo of slides that show the irregularities, plotted on a graph, with a timeline from analysis, anomaly detection and then targeted testing.

Aaaand then release all the passport results. Don't even have to put names against them.

Double dog dare ya.

*spit*

Biggest political BS spin machine in existence.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Another lamb sacrificed at the altar of hypocrisy.

No joke. Or: it's becoming a bad joke. Almost like the UCI takes a guy aside and makes him "an offer he can't refuse" to take one for the team. Does he have any baggage, politically?

the big ring said:
What really smarts is the constant barrage of claims that ...

I mean come on. Seriously!? :confused: Is there ANYONE who believes this complete and utter spin!?

I DARE UCI to do a demo of slides that show the irregularities, plotted on a graph, with a timeline from analysis, anomaly detection and then targeted testing.

The UCI is attributing every positive to the passport. They cannot even keep track of their lies. The classic moment came last year when rumors of Di Luca having passport problems surfaced. The UCI publicly denied it. About two weeks later Di Luca's positive from the Giro was revealed. The UCI then claimed he was caught by the passport. In fact he was caught by regular testing at the Giro that would have taken place before the passport.

Maybe McQuaid is drunk all the time and cannot remember what he said the week before.

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The UCI is attributing every positive to the passport. They cannot even keep track of their lies. The classic moment came last year when rumors of Di Luca having passport problems surfaced. The UCI publicly denied it. About two weeks later Di Luca's positive from the Giro was revealed. The UCI then claimed he was caught by the passport. In fact he was caught by regular testing at the Giro that would have taken place before the passport.

Maybe McQuaid is drunk all the time and cannot remember what he said the week before.

And Menchov sat on DiLuca's wheel on every mountain stage whilst breathing though his nose - If anything was blatantly obvious it was that! UCI's a joke.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Well he is Irish. Maybe he should lay off the Guinness.

Does the point that the biopassport "reduces the extent to which someone can dope" really hold anymore?

No doubt a lot of professional cyclists would have "irregularities" in their passport... surely the top riders aren't any less "irregular" than these big fish they've been catching?

Ferminal said:
Does the point that the biopassport "reduces the extent to which someone can dope" really hold anymore?

No doubt a lot of professional cyclists would have "irregularities" in their passport... surely the top riders aren't any less "irregular" than these big fish they've been catching?

Maybe their numbers are farther off because they can't afford the same level of expert gynecological coaching as the top riders.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
surprisingly, he is not much of a drinker. loosely knew of the family through friends.

This situation reminds me of quote form a great American movie, Apocalypse Now:

"Charging him (Kurtz) with murder (in Viet Nam) was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500" ...or something like that.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Massimo Giunti. EPO 35 years old. No professional wins.

Way to catch those big fish.

Joke of the day!

Bikepure are reporting that neither Giunti or the Szczepaniak brothers were part of the Biological Passport!!!

Giunti was part of the Miche team last year - and were a UCI Continental team, and therefore not subject to the Bio Passport.
______
From the UCI website:
Press release - Massimo Giunti provisionally suspended

Date:

Description: Earlier today, the UCI advised Italian rider Massimo Giunti that he is provisionally suspended. The decision to provisionally suspend Mr Giunti was made in response to a report from the WADA accredited laboratory in Lausanne indicating an Adverse Analytical Finding of Recombinant EPO in a urine sample collected from him at an out-of-competition test on 23 February 2010.
This adverse finding was a direct result of a targeted urine test conducted because of an unusual blood profile in Mr Giunti’s biological passport.

The provisional suspension remains in force until a hearing panel convened by the Italian Cycling Federation determines whether Mr Giunti has committed an anti-doping rule violation under Article 21 of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules.

Mr Giunti has the right to request and attend the analyses of his B sample.

Under the World Anti-Doping Code and the UCI Anti-Doping Rules, the UCI is unable to provide any additional information at this time.

UCI Press Services

May 6, 2009
Visit site
You know for some reason I had always thought that Tom Zirbel had been part of Bike Pure, since a few of his ex-Bissell team mates were members.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
What I would like more than anything else, though won't hold my breath, is for someone to be done under the biological passport. No positive tests, just "with these numbers, we don't know what you did but you doped to do it, take 2 years."
They have the power to do it. If they are spotting irregularities, why do they wait for the positive test?

TRENDING THREADS