• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I went out for a ride today with a mate [ I do have 1:D]
We both came off after slipping on some black ice.
We were riding in a country lane around 11am in Essex that was tree lined so the ice had not thawed.

Be careful out there.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ray j willings said:
I went out for a ride today with a mate [ I do have 1:D]
We both came off after slipping on some black ice.
We were riding in a country lane around 11am in Essex that was tree lined so the ice had not thawed.

Be careful out there.

Maybe you need a winter bike!

Now just $249 at WalMart! ;)

k2-_fa778bde-c1be-475c-a10f-c1b657c2497f.v1.jpg

Seriously, be careful is right. I don't care what kind of bike you're on, black ice is just dangerous.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm our in Spain and climbed my balls off today. 2 hrs straight up. It blew my mind. The descent was like nothing I have felt before. Unreal

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Went out for a ride again today, looked out of the window and the roads were frozen :eek: so waited till it looked a bit better, Rode a bit cautious. It looked slippery and I did not want to fall off again and make the sore bits worse , Funny because the crash happened early on in the ride yesterday and we rode another 40 miles quite happily, maybe it takes pain to make me ride a bit more cautiously. bike ok [ always bike 1st:D] and I'm still in 1 piece :cool:

TRENDING THREADS