• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bmc training

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
like the riders
like the bikes
like the kit

serious indstry members owning/running/connected/history behind the scene organization.......

team: like shooting a 10 gauge

Shotgun%2BBore%2BSizes.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
mherm79 said:
me too. what i didn't like was the lack of big George besides Cadels wheels during the TDU. Hoping this changes throughout the season.

http://www.podiuminsight.com/2010/01/28/bmc-off-to-a-great-start/

This article has some comments from both George and Cadel about the TDU.
It would seem both were showing each other what they could do.

As far as I could see, both George and the team were around Cadel when it counted.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:

This article has some comments from both George and Cadel about the TDU.
It would seem both were showing each other what they could do.

I'll pay that, but from the side of the roads when they came past me they weren't always as close as i'd like. probably a bit harsh for the first race together.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
mherm79 said:
I'll pay that, but from the side of the roads when they came past me they weren't always as close as i'd like. probably a bit harsh for the first race together.

Not really that harsh. I guess it depends on what your expectations are for the team?

One thing I noticed that BMC are using all the multi media they can to promote the team, I guess thats part of getting interest in the team and building a fan base.

The other comment that I found interesting was, that they thought they didn't have a lot of fans or potential fans till people started appearing wearing BMC jerseys.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I thought this video was funny. Och needing to explaining who Baldato is

http://www.youtube.com/user/BMCProTeam#p/u/6/v9FKsGvFizs

How is it that you follow sport and never heard of Baldato? Makes even more funny when he starts listing his classics Palmares and they say "Wow, really?"

Reminds me when I was riding in a group ride and talking to the guy next to me. He had been riding for 5-10 years. Big Armstrong fan. We were talking about the Gran Fondo San Diego and I mentioned that Palo Bettini was riding....he said, "Who is Palo Bettini?"

I almost fell off my bike.

Race Radio said:
I thought this video was funny. Och needing to explaining who Baldato is

http://www.youtube.com/user/BMCProTeam#p/u/6/v9FKsGvFizs

How is it that you follow sport and never heard of Baldato? Makes even more funny when he starts listing his classics Palmares and they say "Wow, really?"

Reminds me when I was riding in a group ride and talking to the guy next to me. He had been riding for 5-10 years. Big Armstrong fan. We were talking about the Gran Fondo San Diego and I mentioned that Palo Bettini was riding....he said, "Who is Palo Bettini?"

I almost fell off my bike.

watching that video just shows what a classy guy Fabio Baldato is. some average mooks with not a lot of knowledge. still a gentlemen.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
watching that video just shows what a classy guy Fabio Baldato is. some average mooks with not a lot of knowledge. still a gentlemen.

Absolutely. He seemed like such a down to earth guy. "Yeah, I was second at Flanders, and Milan San Remo, and Paris-Roubaix" Like it was no big deal. He raced Pro for what, 15 years?

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Absolutely. He seemed like such a down to earth guy. "Yeah, I was second at Flanders, and Milan San Remo, and Paris-Roubaix" Like it was no big deal. He raced Pro for what, 15 years?

i just watched that vid........i was a fabio b fan , always pulled for him to win a big one, and as was already said total gentleman, .........'' uh what was your last name again''......that was good. i also enjoyed the starbucks glasses , it never hurts to plan ahead...:)

TRENDING THREADS