• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bob Jungels Discussion Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He has ridden very good on Bormio, Piancavallo and yesterday. That one bad day to Ortisei doesn't look very good though since he also had a bad day to Corvara last year.
PS: I don't call Blockhaus and Oropa stages as bad day because one climb stages are not suited to him since he lacks the top end level but his recovery and stamina are great.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
He needs more ITT kms to win GT. Then he would be like Indurain, smash climbers in ITT and then just limit the losses ... . And he is very young and still has time to improve!

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
lartiste said:
He needs more ITT kms to win GT. Then he would be like Indurain, smash climbers in ITT and then just limit the losses ... . And he is very young and still has time to improve!

Looking at him I think he can lose some more kgs so climbing should improve.

True, but he hasto be carefull not to loose power ... .

lartiste said:
Kwibus said:
lartiste said:

Everyone else seems to have managed

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site

Brullnux said:
lartiste said:
Kwibus said:
lartiste said:

Everyone else seems to have managed

Not really,e.g. TJvG

Re:

armchairclimber said:
So, Quickstep's GC leader for the Tour. Predictions for finishing place?

He is one of the riders in the GC that might get through the first week gaining time on a lot of rivals.

Quick-Step is a decent team at the TTT and he certainly got the team behind him for the cobbles stage. Which I think he will handle a lot better than his competition.

I think top 10 will be achievable, but I would not be surprised if he finishes higher than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uTsnKj5LcY&feature=youtu.be

Bob talks about the accident happened 2 days ago, he's pretty shaken up. Petr Vakoc operation was sucessful.

"The post-surgery tests conducted this morning showed Petr responding to all stimuli, moving and talking with the doctors, who deemed the intervention a success. Now, the Quick-Step Floors rider will remain for ten more days in the hospital before traveling back to Europe.
Read more at http://www.quickstepfloorscycling.com/en/news/detail/petr-vako-update/3443#HwwohiCpfm1RR6E0.99

Classy win indeed.

I think he really was effectively the strongest. Not to be confused with the most explosive. But to keep that gap over such period. You could even see, Vanendert can close 30s on a hill, but he cannot keep the pace going like Jungels, who went from much further out.

This is very similar to Terpstra/Sagan in Flanders.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Classy win indeed.

I think he really was effectively the strongest. Not to be confused with the most explosive. But to keep that gap over such period. You could even see, Vanendert can close 30s on a hill, but he cannot keep the pace going like Jungels, who went from much further out.

This is very similar to Terpstra/Sagan in Flanders.
It's the life of a puncher. You can open a gap of 15s once or you can close a gap of 30s once. Then your race is over.

QS had the strongest puncher and the best rouleur in that group and when they just let Jungels go the position they were in was very strong.

Alaphilippe was the perfect teammate. I think the group behind might have cooperated better if they'd known Valverde was bad, but then you're still riding for 2nd place

Jungels is an excellent all-rounder. I'm happy for him. He timed and executed his move perfectly, hats off to him. And he still is young. I'm curious to see what career choices he makes moving forward: GT, one-week and one-day races? Both? Huge win today.

Re:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Happy to see Jungels finally get a big win. Super talented rider. Hope he will focus more on classics, rather than underwhelming GC rides.

Actually, I would hope that between this, Nibali's Lombardia and MSR successes, Bardet's podium places today and at Strade Bianche, Chaves' Lombardia win, and a few other results besides that people (particularly DS's and team owners) might start thinking that success in classics/monuments and success in Grand Tours are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I'm very happy that Bob could finally show what he has in him. The rare combination of a great climber and world class rouleur.

So, Tour de France GC this year. The first week is going to be his trump card I think. QS is usually very good in TTTs, add to that several potential cross wind stages and the cobbles and I could see him in the lead after 9 stages.

It was an amazing show of power and style the last 20 kilometres, especially on the flat and downhill sections. One of the greatest looking bike riders out there on the bike! Hope all goes well for him in the future!

.. he should ride Romandie tho, gotta cash in on that shape. ;)

TRENDING THREADS