• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bobby Julich

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

del1962 said:
bobbins said:
del1962 said:
bobbins said:
blackcat said:
Bobby was LRP's coach no?

just a good excuse for me to use the acronym LRP

He looks after Froome.

I presume you mean looked after as now he works for Olga

Is that what you read?
http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/team/sport-directors-and-trainers/

must be true then, no one ever puts anything apart from the complete truth in a press release.

In other news, FIFA aren't dodgy, the NSA don't illegally wiretap phones and road cycling is much cleaner than it ever was.....

bobbins said:

must be true then, no one ever puts anything apart from the complete truth in a press release.

In other news, FIFA aren't dodgy, the NSA don't illegally wiretap phones and road cycling is much cleaner than it ever was.....[/quote]

Really have no idea what you are on about here, Julich works for Tinkov, (or are you saying he doesnt but Tinkov just likes to put out that he does on his website) and as Tinkov pays Julich's wages Tinkov would not want Julich working for Tinkovs rivals, it is not difficult to understand.

All the other stuff about FIFA is just some red herring I guess a half-arsed attempt at ridicule or something like that

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

fair point, del, so why not ask bobbins if he has intel suggesting Julich and Froome continue to be in a working relationship.
If so, next questions would be: does Tinkoff know and indulge? Do sky (or Froome) still pay Julich for the overhours?

All I'm saying is that Julich is the man behind Froomes transformation from donkey into derby winner, he lives close by to him and that they are still close. Tinkov hasn't bought Julich. His team pays him to do a job. non-competition clauses are non-enforcible as far as I am aware. Tinkov have approached one of the BC / Sky coaches to help Contador so they aren't that fussed about exclusivity.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

bobbins said:
All I'm saying is that Julich is the man behind Froomes transformation from donkey into derby winner, he lives close by to him and that they are still close. Tinkov hasn't bought Julich. His team pays him to do a job. non-competition clauses are non-enforcible as far as I am aware. Tinkov have approached one of the BC / Sky coaches to help Contador so they aren't that fussed about exclusivity.
interesting.
but not just any job. Head coach.
Knowing how Tinkoff is all about 'running a business', you'd expect him to not be happy if he'd find out about his head coach being 'intimate' with Froome, who after all is considered the main competitor of Tinkoff's head rider (AC).

Any idea why Julich is so sought after? Is he a good people's manager? Something else?

TRENDING THREADS