• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bozic becomes second rogue car victim

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Bozic becomes second rogue car victim

Slovenian sprinter Borut Bozic has hit out at Tour de France organisers after becoming the second rider in a year to be thrown off his bike after being hit by a car.

Bozic, who rides for Astana, had resumed racing after a toilet break early on Monday's 207 km stage from Vise to Tournai in Belgium when he was hit from behind by a race officials' car.

http://www.supersport.com/cycling/tour-de-france/news/120703/Bozic_becomes_second_rogue_car_victim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Some of the pics from daily report on astanafans show the result of collision
http://astanafans.com/aleksandr-gordeev-na-tdf-2012-vtoroj-etap.html

Tour-de-France-2012-stage2-3632-640x426.jpg

Tour-de-France-2012-stage2-3636-400x600.jpg

Tour-de-France-2012-stage2-3638-398x600.jpg

This truly makes me angry.:mad: This leaves the impression that what's most important is the dignitaries that are being ferried about, definitely not the safety of the riders. Two very serious incidents and no one has stepped up to apologize. What kind of example does this set for the anyone watching? That cyclists aren't welcome on the roads and can be dealt with as one pleases without worry of the consequences. Sounds extreme but in the most important event in the sport to have 2 consecutive years of incidents like this and the riders involved are left wondering "WTF??!!" as are we. Very disturbing.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
I hope ASO will step on this cause its getting ridicoulus.
Today on italian RAI they were talking about ASO talking about security with teams months ahead the Tour and then how this kind of accident made by the organization's cars happen.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Clearly, the riders are in the catbird seat
with respect to solving this problem,
Cancellara-fashion....just stop riding, en masse

chose a special stage, embarrass the hell out of ASO
in front of some extra-special "dignitaries."

i.m.o. tomorrow would be special enough, today would have been better

It may have been two incidents, but it was three riders. Actually Hoogerland was not hit by the car last year.

The car hit Juan Antonio Flecha of Sky. He crashed and Hoogerland crashed into him and then went flying into the barbed wire.

So the car caused Hoogerland's crash and injuries, but did not hit him.

Susan

What I find rather strange about this is that after both incidents last year the driver responsible was immediatly kicked out (even the one stealing Nicki's bike, even though he (Nicki) didn't really get hurt...)
This time... we've heard nothing about anyone being kicked out. :rolleyes: