• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

BP and GT's

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Does the biological-passport take into account that Hb concentration should have dropped by 10% (?) by the third week of a GT so that having unchanged values is viewed as a 10% increase in Hb when calculating off-score and what not?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that the correct answer here is "no".
Any idea what Lance's TdF -09 off-score "should" have been?

Actually, if you read between the lines it is clear that LA, or some other high profile rider was caugth qith the bio passport, probably due to a GT, but that no sanction was imposed on him, due to pressure put on the commission by the UCI. At the moment I do not have a link, but did not one of the committee's members came out with something like that, earlier this year?

Barrus said:
Actually, if you read between the lines it is clear that LA, or some other high profile rider was caugth qith the bio passport, probably due to a GT, but that no sanction was imposed on him, due to pressure put on the commission by the UCI. At the moment I do not have a link, but did not one of the committee's members came out with something like that, earlier this year?

I remember it too.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703309704575413732974367988.html

I don't think that's where I heard it, but it mentions it.

A person familiar with the situation said that WADA has received complaints in recent months from several individuals and representatives of antidoping organizations who have raised concerns about the UCI's oversight.

This person said antidoping officials are particularly concerned about the status of five professional riders who were flagged for doping in December but have not yet been sanctioned by the UCI. The riders, whose names are known only to the UCI, were determined to be doping by an independent committee of nine scientists and experts that was appointed by the UCI to review data from blood and urine tests.

The person said at least two members of the panel have voiced concerns that the UCI may be disregarding these positive tests or shielding guilty riders from punishment.