• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brabantse Pijl - Fleche Brabanconne

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

i should have the final k recorded.. uploading in a minute..

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
WINNAR!

Although I did call the win for Rosseler an hour ago.

Well, for the both of you:
2ezp9ci.jpg

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
PR and RVV have nothing to do with Amstel.

Leukemans best result in Amstel is barely top 10, he couldn't follow the best even in his top year 2007.
He has proven his form is great.
7th in amstel in 2005.

So why would't he be able to do something this year?

A common misconception Moondance, Boogerd was not slow in a sprint, wether it was flat or uphill.
He usually just had the bad luck there was 1 guy faster or worse, one or more guys escaped and his rivals only reacted to him, not the other guys...

Just a recap of Boogerd in AGR for instance

1999: Beats Armstrong in the sprint
2000: 2nd behind Zabel in a group sprint on the FLAT of 20 men. With Bettini, Freire in that group!
2002: 3rd in a sprint with Bartoli and Ivanov, can't call that bad.
2003: Vinokourov wins solo, Boogerd WINS the sprint for 2nd place easily, but too late.
2004: Beaten by Rebellin in a 2-man sprint (doper wins)
2005: 40 man group sprint on Cauberg, only Di Luca can follow and passes him in the final 100m (doper wins)
2006: Fränk Schleck escapes and wins ahead of Wesemann. Boogerd WINS the sprint for 3rd place easily..

LBL

2003: Hamilton and Mayo stayed in front of him (2 dopers ofcourse!)
2004: Rebellin beats him in a 2-man sprint (repeat AGR)
2005: Vinokourov (doper) and Voigt stay ahead. Boogerd rides Bettini and Evans off his wheel on Saint Nicolas, closes 45 seconds in 5km...
2006: In the attack with Rodriguez in the last 20km. Looked like winning for a long time until the others came back on Saint Nicolas.
Even though this effort still finished 5th

Other notable sprints:
Zürich 2003: 2nd in the group sprint for third place behind Bettini, in front of Rebellin, group of 15
Lombardy 2004: Half a wheel 2nd behind Cunego in a 5 man sprint with Basso, Evans and Nardello
Many many Tirreno sprints, always one of the fastest, but nearly never the fastest. You'll see him ahead Freire, Bettini, Di Luca etc multiple times

Anyway I think my point is clear. Boogerd was not slow in a sprint. He usually had the bad luck that someone faster was there

Dekker_Tifosi said:
A common misconception Moondance, Boogerd was not slow in a sprint, wether it was flat or uphill.
He usually just had the bad luck there was 1 guy faster or worse, one or more guys escaped and his rivals only reacted to him, not the other guys...

Just a recap of Boogerd in AGR for instance

1999: Beats Armstrong in the sprint
2000: 2nd behind Zabel in a group sprint on the FLAT of 20 men. With Bettini, Freire in that group!
2002: 3rd in a sprint with Bartoli and Ivanov, can't call that bad.
2003: Vinokourov wins solo, Boogerd WINS the sprint for 2nd place easily, but too late.
2004: Beaten by Rebellin in a 2-man sprint (doper wins)
2005: 40 man group sprint on Cauberg, only Di Luca can follow and passes him in the final 100m (doper wins)
2006: Fränk Schleck escapes and wins ahead of Wesemann. Boogerd WINS the sprint for 3rd place easily..

LBL

2003: Hamilton and Mayo stayed in front of him (2 dopers ofcourse!)
2004: Rebellin beats him in a 2-man sprint (repeat AGR)
2005: Vinokourov (doper) and Voigt stay ahead. Boogerd rides Bettini and Evans off his wheel on Saint Nicolas, closes 45 seconds in 5km...
2006: In the attack with Rodriguez in the last 20km. Looked like winning for a long time until the others came back on Saint Nicolas.
Even though this effort still finished 5th

Other notable sprints:
Zürich 2003: 2nd in the group sprint for third place behind Bettini, in front of Rebellin, group of 15
Lombardy 2004: Half a wheel 2nd behind Cunego in a 5 man sprint with Basso, Evans and Nardello
Many many Tirreno sprints, always one of the fastest, but nearly never the fastest. You'll see him ahead Freire, Bettini, Di Luca etc multiple times

Anyway I think my point is clear. Boogerd was not slow in a sprint. He usually had the bad luck that someone faster was there

Nice to see Boogerd had such a tough time beating his fellow dopers....

TRENDING THREADS