• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brad Wiggins and Robbie McEwen

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Have proclaimed their disgust at the comments made by fat chef James Martin via Twitter.

bradwiggins;

'James Martin TV chef, The word **** springs to mind, stick to Ready Steady **** mate'

'Everyone check out on the web what JAMES MARTIN, TV chef thinks about the thousands of cyclists that enjoy riding bikes around the lanes'

'and just in case anyone missed it http://bit.ly/1I1iBD'

mcewenrobbie

'RT @cyclingweekly: new hate figure http://tinyurl.com/mp62jd If you see smug chef James Martin either key his car or punch him in the face.'

'website of cyclist hater James Martin. Anyone with computer skills feel free to **** it up! otherwise, leave him nasty messages in geust ...'

What an idiot. all feel free to join the 'I hate James Martin facebook page etc etc....:mad:

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
This is assault not just hate

"God, I hate those cyclists. Every last herbal tea-drinking, Harriet Harman-voting one of them. That's one of the reasons I live in the countryside, where birds tweet, horses roam, pigs grunt and Lycra-clad buttocks are miles away. But recently, there's been a disturbing development.

Each Saturday, a big black truck appears at the bottom of my road, with bikes stuck to the roof and rear. Out of it step a bunch of City-boy ponces in fluorescent Spider-Man outfits, shades, bum bags and stupid cleated shoes, who then pedal around our narrow lanes four abreast with their private parts alarmingly apparent. Do they enjoy it? They never smile. I'm sure they just come here to wind me up."
"Twenty minutes into my test drive I pulled round a leafy bend, enjoying the birdsong – and spotted those damned Spider-Man cyclists.

"Knowing they wouldn't hear me coming, I stepped on the gas, waited until the split second before I overtook them, then gave them an almighty blast on the horn at the exact same time I passed them at speed.

"The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror. I think this could be the car for me."

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
It's funny how health and safety conscious everyone is these days, to the point of nauseating levels of safety/security hysteria, yet forcing cyclists off the road with a vehicle seems to be generally met with cheers and applause by non cyclists.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
James Martin is, and always has been, a c*ck. It's no surprise that this article appears in the Mail. It's full of this sort of idiotic writing and editorial. It's the last bastion of nimbyism and bigotry. If you ignore them, they go away eventually.

If you feel strongly enough about it write to the Department of Transport here in the UK, and also try Norfolk Police with a complaint of dangerous driving which he has freely admitted to in his column.

Would be fun to see the fat *** banned from driving for a while, as he would then have to find a bike he could stick his fat **** on without braking to get from A to B.

A

Anonymous

cathwiggins - one last word..James Martin you peanut d**ked kn*b jockey of a turd pate making sh*t eating *rse wipe I hope you fall in your blender :D

theyve started down the press complaints line..
http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/form.html

this is of course the mail, the biggest bunch of fascists in britain. im surprised he didnt find the time to mow down a couple of ethnic minorities as well..

Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
Y'know I have a different take on it, I feel sorry for the guy. I mean, that's some serious insecurity coming out there. You gotta think he's trying to make up for inadequacy in a number of different areas. . .

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Another elitist writer shows his colors!

Well, this nub isn't worthy of the title "writer" in my book.

One cannot pen drivel like that, especially proud boasts of assaulting others, without reprisal. Didn't they blacklist American talk show host Michael Savage for simply calling it as he sees it?

In short, his boasts are absolutely irresponsible, as he smears innocent cyclists in the most arrogant form I could imagine. Where was the editor to call this slug to the carpet?

Bob :mad:

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
im no **** talking tough guy but a physical altercation with this guy would be enjoyable what a ***. small dicked passive cowards who use there car as there power are utterly pathetic.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I have my doubts that this event ever happened. This guy strikes me as the type to make up stories to try and get cheap laughs, kind of like the older fat kids in high school that used to bully the younger kids. Except I don't know what's funny about pretending to run some cyclists off the road... people who were doing nothing other than enjoying the countryside while fatso allegedly drove by silently in his electric penis enhancer.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Back in the day!

Before all the proper laws we knew how do deal with hooligans like the porky chef.
We would chase on bike catch them down threaten them with bike pump. A few vigorous slams with a steel silca pump tip.to the drivers side window.
Then pre lycra we wore wool and some fools took us as ****ters we would pick them up to face level and then pummel them on the pavement.
Best after to break key off in ignition as opposed to tossing it down a sewer grate.
Funny thing never a police report never. Got a lot of respect from the other motorists.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Anybody live near the guy? would be worth calling the police and having them go around and have a talk with him. I sent a county sherrif around to somebody who had sent a threatening letter about running down cyclists in the bike lane that he didn't want his tax dollars to fund. Not sure if it did any good - but I thought it worth a try.

A

Anonymous

TheDude said:
Anybody live near the guy? would be worth calling the police and having them go around and have a talk with him. I sent a county sherrif around to somebody who had sent a threatening letter about running down cyclists in the bike lane that he didn't want his tax dollars to fund. Not sure if it did any good - but I thought it worth a try.

no but we know where he lives... http://tinyurl.com/a****liveshere

hes also making three public apperances in nottinghams market square tommoro.. 11am 3.30 and 6pm.. :D

anything else, phone number, email addy?

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
James Martin far worse than Wossy and Russell Brand

TheDude said:

Probably didn't do any good, but if someone started hurling concrete ballards off a motorway bridge because he didn't want his tax dollars to fund road building then it would be met with a public outcry. As it's only us cyclists then everyone will just ignore it or just laugh and agree.

The world is messed up - our local free paper was writing about the need to have a pedestrian crossing on a road near us. The road's never that busy, but their story centred around some poor girl who was killed last year because see had to cross the road because she was afraid of gangs of teens congregating in the subway - bulls*** she actually got killed by some poor motorist while her and her friends played chicken (journalists who lie). If tosser Martin was talking about driving into schoolkids then there would be a public outcry, but it's only us cyclists who are hated by non-cyclists.

Russell Brand's career was ruined because of some silly prank that did no real harm (it actually helped revitalise Andrew Sachs career) and yet some celebrity chef writes about trying to mow cyclists of the road and nothing will happen.

Will be interesting to see if the BBC report this story.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow I didn't see the part, about twenty minutes into the test drive, that's definitely wrong and abusive. I take back my previous statement.

TRENDING THREADS