• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bradley Wiggins Guardian Blog

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clear the path for Wiggins

From Feb 2012...Wiggins Blog in the Guardian...talking down on Contador

He won't leave a massive void at the Tour in terms of the racing, because last year he was almost unnoticed until the L'Alpe d'Huez stage where he attacked early on

Has this been covered already ??

How about a collusion between Armstrong and Sky...Armstrong pulls strings at the UCI with McQuaid..next thing Contador gets popped for clenbuterol....before the 2012 Tour...leaving the path clear for Wiggins.

It was VERY convenient that Contador wasnt at the Tour.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/feb/13/bradley-wiggins-tour-de-france

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

How about a collusion between Armstrong and Sky...Armstrong pulls strings at the UCI with McQuaid..next thing Contador gets popped for clenbuterol....before the 2012 Tour...leaving the path clear for Wiggins.

It's a good conspiracy theory, but Contador was busted because he's a doper, not because an LA/Sky camp made a call to UCI HQ.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

author author

Cycle Chic said:

what a great yarn....................you're wasted on the forum..........i can't
wait for release of your novel

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Tbh I always think that it's political when a big rider gets caught for something minor like that. It was also clear with which team/rider the UCIs loyalties lay. Then the 2012 Tour: it was just odd - there was only one team in the race.

Cycle Chic said:

I would have loved, if that was the case, but unfortunately it isn't a rational assumption.
If Armstrong wanted to frame Contador, he would have him popped for EPO or Testosterone and not for Clenbuterol where he has a chance to escape.

the asian said:
I would have loved, if that was the case, but unfortunately it isn't a rational assumption.
If Armstrong wanted to frame Contador, he would have him popped for EPO or Testosterone and not for Clenbuterol where he has a chance to escape.

why would he test positive for EPO or Testosterone when it wouldnt have been there......you,re assuming his urine and blood would show the above...but clenbuterol could be easy to add..just a tiny amount may have been there anyway.

And more importantly why would Wiggins say Contador was a donkey ? downplaying his importance thats why.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

Now this actually sounds plausible...

A few questions though:

Why did the UCI appear to try and 'hide' the positive and it only appeared to come out because of a German journalist? Or was this too carefully orchestrated?

What is Armstrong's motivation?

Do you think the ASO were in on it and drew up the course to favour Wiggins? And, if so then this must have been planned quite well in advance?

I'd be interested to know what you think.

Don't be late Pedro said:
Now this actually sounds plausible...

A few questions though:

Why did the UCI appear to try and 'hide' the positive and it only appeared to come out because of a German journalist? Or was this too carefully orchestrated?

What is Armstrong's motivation?

Do you think the ASO were in on it and drew up the course to favour Wiggins? And, if so then this must have been planned quite well in advance?

I'd be interested to know what you think.

I think the ASO drew the course to favour Wiggins knowing the potential buildup to the Olympics would create beaucoup new fans in the UK (the UCI would also be keen on this as it would replace the now virtually dead market in Germany), but the Contador positive was nothing to do with that, and more something that enabled things to fall into place more conveniently.

another good story

Libertine Seguros said:
I think the ASO drew the course to favour Wiggins

however is it not more likely that brad was fortunate to find a favourable course

the route swings between more hilly / less so/ more tt / less tt..............why? would aso design course to favour any single rider

truth is any rider could pull out at last moment

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
I think the ASO drew the course to favour Wiggins knowing the potential buildup to the Olympics would create beaucoup new fans in the UK (the UCI would also be keen on this as it would replace the now virtually dead market in Germany), but the Contador positive was nothing to do with that, and more something that enabled things to fall into place more conveniently.
It does not sound like you are taking the idea seriously?

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
It's interesting to know that Contador doesn't dope. I have a lot more faith in the sport now that Cycle Chic has told us such a great champion is clean.

Saying that the timing or substance of Contador's positive is suspicious is not to say that he's innocent.

Cycle Chic said:
why would he test positive for EPO or Testosterone when it wouldnt have been there......you,re assuming his urine and blood would show the above...but clenbuterol could be easy to add..just a tiny amount may have been there anyway.

And more importantly why would Wiggins say Contador was a donkey ? downplaying his importance thats why.

You,ve misunderstood what I stated. I am stating that he wouldnt test positive because who would ????

No-one tests positive these days yer numpty....armstrong, 200 tests durrrr!!!

You,d have to be a complete idiot to get done these days...its called scheduling and microdosing.

TRENDING THREADS