• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brailsford on ITV4

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
Just seen an interview with Dave Brailsford of Sky Team on ITV4 who mentioned an anonymous GC contender that he had considered signing until he saw the rider in question's biological passport.

Anyone know who the mystery man is?

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Anne Gripper said the sport is clean-

I wish it was. The team directors get to see the elusive BP results. Why not make the sport open and transparent. WHAT HAVE THEY TO HIDE?

DB is putting an ultra clean together and i am delighted!
SKY WILL ROCK

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
badboygolf16v said:
Just seen an interview with Dave Brailsford of Sky Team on ITV4 who mentioned an anonymous GC contender that he had considered signing until he saw the rider in question's biological passport.

Anyone know who the mystery man is?
Rob Hayles?

Alpe d'Huez said:
What exactly does that mean? That he suspects the rider of doping? Or of getting caught?

haha good question, I just hope it's the former and Bailsford is really going to build a genuinely clean team. It would destroy British cycling's reputation if Bailsford was ever implicated.

Anyone got a link to the interview?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
the truth. said:
Anne Gripper said the sport is clean-

I wish it was. The team directors get to see the elusive BP results. Why not make the sport open and transparent. WHAT HAVE THEY TO HIDE?

DB is putting an ultra clean together and i am delighted!
SKY WILL ROCK

I don't ever remember Anne Gripper saying the sport was clean?! Cleaner yes - clean no. This is from her most recent interviewon Cyclingnews.

Question: How clean do you think the peloton is?

Anne Gripper: Ah, I’m an optimist by nature but when I look at the 840 riders in the passport programme the vast majority of the peloton have very normal blood values. So I’m really confident that we have a far higher number of clean riders than ever before. Those that choose not to ride clean are being exposed. The sport looks like it’s chaotic but we knew when we started this programme that we’d have two or three difficult years but the number of riders needing to be exposed is getting smaller and smaller and our ability to expose that number is getting better.

A

Anonymous

well who are the current GC contenders that Sky might be interested in signing

1) And the main "free agent" cos lets face it he is and sky can afford him.. Contador
2) Wiggins - has said he is not going to sky, im sure sky would like him
3) Baby Shleck - cant see him leaving saxo anyway so not sure sky would have even approached him

Leaves Cadel, Frank, Sastre, MArtin, Nibali, but i would only call two of them contenders..

So pick one from five.. I know which one i think Sky wanted..

dimspace said:

1) And the main "free agent" cos lets face it he is and sky can afford him.. Contador
3) Baby Shleck - cant see him leaving saxo anyway so not sure sky would have even approached him

Leaves Cadel, Frank, Sastre, MArtin, Nibali, but i would only call two of them contenders..

Andy and Frank come as a package. You either get both or none.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

There was some more of the Brailsford interview on ITV4 today. Asked if he was after Contador, he replied with a knowing 'NO'.. I'm still none the wiser as to who had the dodgy passport.

Dave, if you're reading, please let me know..

A

Anonymous

just reseen the 2nd interview, after daves comments about the passport profile, and the way he reacted to asked if he wanted contador, not even a "well obviously hes a great rider etc"

If i ever had any doubts about alberto, after seeing that one word from brailsford there are no doubts anymore...

Now if he can spot irregular values, why cant the UCI?

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
just reseen the 2nd interview, after daves comments about the passport profile, and the way he reacted to asked if he wanted contador, not even a "well obviously hes a great rider etc"

If i ever had any doubts about alberto, after seeing that one word from brailsford there are no doubts anymore...

Now if he can spot irregular values, why cant the UCI?

Reading LA twitter it would be fair to say Astana have had their fair share of doping tests this year... so maybe that have seen something after all.

A

Anonymous

Dave B's no was enough for me...

Yes, people around here throw accusations and allegations, but in the end none of us know if they have any inside knowledge, know what they are talking about, or are just 14 year old boys who can google well..

Brailsford i beleive..