• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bravo Peter...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Peto, vynikajuci vykon na DU. Gratulujem...pracuj na svojom talente. Uz aj preto, aby sa aj sam velky LA naucil spravnu geografiu...
Ludo

While he wasn’t able to stay amongst the action himself, Lance Armstrong (RadioShack) was also impressed by the day’s racing. “That was some great bike racing,” said Armstrong. “I tell you, this young Slovenian (sic) [Sagan] is showing a lot of talent.”

Just an explanatory remark for those who might have difficulty in geographical considerations. Sorry, Lance, it was close enough but not quite there.... Peter is a great talent from SLOVAKIA not from Slovenia.

Ludo
...and yes, also from Slovakia

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree..according to Wikipedia he is 19.

Imagine that, trading pulls with a Vuelta and double LBL winner, World Champion, and double Tour stage and PN winner......at 19!!! He's only been a pro for 20 days!

When I was 19 I was trading pulls with 45 year old cat 4's or my training buddies from college. Sure puts the difference in talent into perspective. But then, I go down the pub 3 nights a week, and I'm sure Sagan doesn't. Not that this is the sole reason I'm not in Australia racing with the world's best right now.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Besides talent he has also shown a great degree of determination. Trading pulls with all those BIG PROs while having 18 stiches in arm and tight in 40 C, one needs to be tough enough to endure that. No surprise though, in 2008 he was awarded a price for the most competitive cyclist in junior Paris -Roubaix for being first thru ALL cobbled sections. Sadly, finishing a close second...

Ibanez said:
I have to agree..according to Wikipedia he is 19.

Imagine that, trading pulls with a Vuelta and double LBL winner, World Champion, and double Tour stage and PN winner......at 19!!! He's only been a pro for 20 days!

When I was 19 I was trading pulls with 45 year old cat 4's or my training buddies from college. Sure puts the difference in talent into perspective. But then, I go down the pub 3 nights a week, and I'm sure Sagan doesn't. Not that this is the sole reason I'm not in Australia racing with the world's best right now.