• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Breaking news...Armstrong stripped off moonlanding

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MarkvW said:
I disagree. Neil Armstrong is--and eternally will be--so high off the charts on the coolness factor, that no amount of joking could possibly diminish him.

RIP Mr. Armstrong. Civilian dude first on the moon!

No kidding. The guy had the ultimate...and definitive comeback for anything:

Useless Blowhard: "Well, I just (fill in the blank with meaningless, self-serving and self-congratulatory accomplishment)."

Neil Armstrong: "Really, well I was the first man to walk on the moon."

Game....set....match.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Tasteless, and insensitive, yup. Also mildly humourous. Not all humor is good humor. I'm put in mind of the black humor associated with cops and special forces ops. Pictured on a tv series once (hill st blues?) - two cops come on a gory murder scene. One dips a finger in the blood and tastes it. "Yup, O-positive."

Neil Armstrong was a great man, as were his accomplishments. I felt the original joke was a little demeaning to Neil, but I got that it was aimed at Lance.

leftover pie said:
The thing a lot of people think there never was a moon landing, they think it was just a conspiracy put together by the US to get one over the Russians.
Really? If this is not proof, I don't know what is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03zBX_q4TM
386748502.jpg