• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Breaking news: TDF Jury summons Armstrong and the Astana team - late use of dope ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
it's quite common for riders to be fined for lateness etc, it's just that when LA does something it's reported on by the media and self proclaimed cycle experts ie forumites and discussed for days afterwards.time to move on people!

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Drae Byllek said:
"Late use of dope"?

Don't make stupid remarks like this.

Once you've been around reading cycling forums for a while, you just learn to ignore WBTs efforts to stir the waters. Although I have to admit I've been either entertained or sucked in due to it myself.

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
"Today, and as usual, the Astana team arrived late at the pre-stage registration, in contempt of the crowd, who has once again not seen Lance Armstrong," Pescheux told Reuters before the start of the third stage from Marseille to La Grande Motte.

If things are at all like the Giro starts, the "crowd" is a huge mob, battling to get a glimps of Lance and company. Here he is in Padova cruising over to the start:

http://twitpic.com/51xiw

I don't know how it is at the TdF, but at the Giro start in Padova that I saw, the busses were parked some 1/200 meters from the actual restricted-access start area, so the riders had to unload in front of a big crowd (huge in Lance's case), and then weave their way through all us tifosi to get to the actual start area.

BTW, it *was* because of Ben Stiller:

Lance Armstrong: Btw, sorry we were late for the sign on this am. It was Stiller's fault!!

http://www.bikechatter.com/main/show/252619

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that. Part of the agreement between ASO and LA was that there was to be no overacting at the Tour. Lance promised if they let him ride then there would be no rockstar antics. This was his firth warning.

davidw said:
If things are at all like the Giro starts, the "crowd" is a huge mob, battling to get a glimps of Lance and company. Here he is in Padova cruising over to the start:

http://twitpic.com/51xiw

I don't know how it is at the TdF, but at the Giro start in Padova that I saw, the busses were parked some 1/200 meters from the actual restricted-access start area, so the riders had to unload in front of a big crowd (huge in Lance's case), and then weave their way through all us tifosi to get to the actual start area.

BTW, it *was* because of Ben Stiller:

Lance Armstrong: Btw, sorry we were late for the sign on this am. It was Stiller's fault!!

http://www.bikechatter.com/main/show/252619

May 13, 2009
Visit site
linenoiz said:
Once you've been around reading cycling forums for a while, you just learn to ignore WBTs efforts to stir the waters. Although I have to admit I've been either entertained or sucked in due to it myself.

Just wait till his bandwagon team are reduced to rubble by Astana in the mountains. He will disappear.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
Reminds me of the time Vino and Kash had the team bus take off 4 hours early for a stage to miss the dope testers..... appears Astana up up to their old tricks again....... never ends with Armstrong.

What would be their "old trick"? Do they do this a lot? And if so what would be the purpose?

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
40 degree day play a part?

Living in a hot place I can give a good reason for Astana to arrive conveniently late for sign-on that has nothing to do with rock star antics or avoiding testers, air-conditioning. Given the choice, would a smart DS make their riders spend twenty minutes under a marquee or in an air-conditioned bus that happens to be running late?

TRENDING THREADS