• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Breukink dismissed Rabobank

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Now Joop Alberda is being named as the possible replacement for Breukink.

He was the volleyball coach of the Dutch team that won gold at the 1996 Olympics. He also previously worked for Cervelo Test Team.

Looks like they are trying to drastically renew & start with fresh ideas.

alberda has to be the worst guy ever. most overrated person in human life. yes that's right. what a wise guy that actually knows nothing. even his players admitted alberda had no role in them winning olympic gold

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I wonder what some of you guys will complain about when you realize the riders are to blame for the lack of the results and not the team staff. But hey, whatever gives some of you hope I guess. ;)

It's so easy to blame a team for a rider's failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw5kH7civTo

so you first need a good management to kick out all of the riders. but not gonna happen. blijlevens is great but with keeping massen, erik dekker and delahaye you show to be nothing more than idiots.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
JRanton said:
I've read on twitter that along with the job changes Rabo are going to bring in more sports scientists and offer more support to their riders. Copying Sky's approach then.

yeah, except with the wrong guys and riders. lol

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Cyclingnews seem to think the management overhaul at Rabobank is a result of the Volkskrant article on doping... yeah right, that's why they brought on Blijlevens. And that's why Erik Dekker is still there.

I don't think that is the sole reason, nor the most important reason and I agree that results/overall performance have been weak enough to topple senior management.

However, Adri van Houwelingen, who also got the sack, and Breukink were both DS at the 2009 Giro. Rabo's most successful GT participation to date. The Menchov/di Luca tour...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/menchov-to-lead-rabobank-in-giro

It could have been that that one result extended their life at Rabo a little longer, in light of disappointing results in the last year(s).

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
but do you have faith in Blijlevens, Zeeman, etc etc? Verhoeven now seems to be the big man

blijlevens is great man in cycling. he is very knowledgable. zeeman is not. argos suck all except their lucky shot sprinter kittel

TRENDING THREADS