Brian Cookson article in Daily Telegraph

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2012
1,171
0
0
sniper said:
Now Reedie is being brought in as WADA president.
The 2012 olympic games happened under Reedie's watch.
Brits were doping country number one during those Games, judging from their remarkable medal count.

With Cookson and Reedie in charge next year, it's carte blanche for the anglosaxon teams.
I agree that the Brits were the chief dopers during the London Olympics.

Reedie is completely unknown to me. Is he corrupt? I have to think that if Greg Lemond, **** Pound or Travis Tygart were faced with people of their nationality doping they would have no problem sentencing them. Not everyone is patriotic.
 
Galic Ho said:
So Simon Gerrans turning up as a GC rider for OGE next year is on the cards?

That'd make more sense than anything the Brits have fed us since 2011.
Gerrans beat a sideways Froome at the 2009 Giro.

On that form Gerrans will win a GT.
 
Well, I'm not saying Cookson is the best answer, but could he makes things any worst than under Pat?!?!

Just a general change in the guard for a few years is required, whether is creates some mayhem in the meantime, the sport needs it.

So much corruption currently.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Dr. Maserati said:
So?
Listen you said he was on the inside and should have changed things - now you are on about Walsh, reading stuff - basically zero point.

If you don't have an opinion that you can articulate and remain consistent on then just shut up.
Yeah, doc he is on the inside and if he proclaims he was not in the 'know' all he had to do was read Walsh et al to get some 'know'. What did he do with that 'know'? Sweet FA.
 
Benotti69 said:
Yeah, doc he is on the inside and if he proclaims he was not in the 'know' all he had to do was read Walsh et al to get some 'know'. What did he do with that 'know'? Sweet FA.
Yes, this...

"Don't vote for the guy who lead the the corruption, vote for me who stood by, said nothing and allowed it to happen".
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
thehog said:
Yes, this...

"Don't vote for the guy who lead the the corruption, vote for me who stood by, said nothing and allowed it to happen".
Remember the Spanish King interfering with the cowtador case? I expect nothin less from Q. Elizabeth should Cookson or Reedie get any ideas about fighting doping in the UK.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Galic Ho said:
In an ordinary world cutting Cookson slack would be the norm.

But the UCI and pro cycling, heck even politics isn't the normal world.

Cookson has to PROVE he has the goods. Relying solely on McQuaid being the proverbial stuff up is simply not good enough. Why? Because cycling is rotten to the core.

It's like the current Australian Govt. Everyone moaned and whined about Julia Gillard as PM, then the former PM Rudd, reneged on a promise, lied, challenged for leadership and became PM again. Unelected of course. The same goes here minus the election part. Sure you can change the donkey in charge, but at the end of the day, despite being a different faction, they are part of the same corrupt beast. Just from different ends. Sewing up their own coffers and filling their cup with enough broth to make them merry. This isn't about the people. It's about THEM. Self interest. Their own. Jobs for the boys. Controlling the purse strings.

The onus is on Cookson to prove something credible. Fact remains, the man hasn't. Same cloth as McQuaid, just sullied from a different end of the parchment. If it walks and quacks like a duck, odds are, it's just another duck. Just like McQuack.
I know you wasted a lot of bandwidth to bring up politics but I have to tell you that Cookson has zero onus to prove anything to you because you don't have a vote.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Benotti69 said:
Yeah, doc he is on the inside and if he proclaims he was not in the 'know' all he had to do was read Walsh et al to get some 'know'. What did he do with that 'know'? Sweet FA.
"If"?
So, what is it he proclaimed to not know? And what would reading Walshs book have told him?
thehog said:
Yes, this...

"Don't vote for the guy who lead the the corruption, vote for me who stood by, said nothing and allowed it to happen".
Thankfully you don't get to vote - unfortunately those that actually do also "stood by, said nothing and allowed it to happen".
 
Dr. Maserati said:
Thankfully you don't get to vote - unfortunately those that actually do also "stood by, said nothing and allowed it to happen".
Come on Vortex you're slipping. I do get to vote. At a federation level.

The Irish via an EGM were demonstrative proof of power of the people.

Get it right.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
thehog said:
Come on Vortex you're slipping. I do get to vote. At a federation level.

The Irish via an EGM were demonstrative proof of power of the people.

Get it right.
Cool story - so lets pretend that you're not lying again, so who did you vote for?
 
Dr. Maserati said:
Cool story - so lets pretend that you're not lying again, so who did you vote for?
Slow down Vortex.

Slow down.

Members vote at a federative level. I voted for a member in my federation.

If you were a member or a cycling club and your national federation you could vote as well.

Being a member of the national vortex institute doesn't provide you with a vote.

Sorry.

:rolleyes:
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
thehog said:
Slow down Vortex.

Slow down.

Members vote at a federative level. I voted for a member in my federation.

If you were a member or a cycling club and your national federation you could vote as well.

Being a member of the national vortex institute doesn't provide you with a vote.

Sorry.

:rolleyes:
It was a simple question "who did you vote for"?
 
Aug 12, 2009
3,639
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
I know you wasted a lot of bandwidth to bring up politics but I have to tell you that Cookson has zero onus to prove anything to you because you don't have a vote.
Ewwwww....touche good Dr. But I wasn't referring to me. I was referring to the audience the UCI has to sell cycling to. Which is by it's nature, more than me and irrespective of who votes, the head of the UCI still has to sell the product.

If Cookson is the best cycling can muster perhaps cycling deserves to fail and fall hard.
 
thehog said:
Slow down vortex.

I voted for a member of my federation.

Simple answer.

Come on you know this stuff. It's easy. Don't you read your members pack?

:cool:
He has to check his reply with JV before getting back to you...these things said about JV hurt him apparently! Come on Hog let's make love not war!!
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
thehog said:
Slow down vortex.

I voted for a member of my federation.

Simple answer.

Come on you know this stuff. It's easy. Don't you read your members pack?

:cool:
Who was that magical person you voted for?
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Digger said:
He has to check his reply with JV before getting back to you...these things said about JV hurt him apparently! Come on Hog let's make love not war!!
Ah, you are the only one bringing up JV. Your problem, not mine.

Magnus Backstedt says hello.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Digger said:
haha!!! well you would know, seen as you are in so tightly with JV...hey Dr 'if Floyd had signed for Garmin, he would never have come clean.' ;)
I agree - Floyd would not have come clean if he joined Garmin.
 
Digger said:
He has to check his reply with JV before getting back to you...these things said about JV hurt him apparently! Come on Hog let's make love not war!!
JV is king of the twitter kids now.

Follow the leader.

Yes JV, we will follow you, our leader of MBA greatness :rolleyes:
 
thehog said:
JV is king of the twitter kids now.

Follow the leader.

Yes JV, we will follow you, our leader of MBA greatness :rolleyes:
Well I for one want Cookson...JV is supporting him and JV is doing a top 100 rated MBA...From an MBA perspective Cookson is the best candidate.
 

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
4,903
0
0
thehog said:
Slow down vortex.

I voted for a member of my federation.

Simple answer.

Come on you know this stuff. It's easy. Don't you read your members pack?

:cool:
I never realised you were a McQuaid fan, Hog.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Digger said:
Well I for one want Cookson...JV is supporting him and JV is doing a top 100 rated MBA...From an MBA perspective Cookson is the best candidate.
Cookson is always the least of two evils, but I am very skeptic about his
impartiality towards Sky and British athletes.
And now Reelie lining up to become WADA president...
Do the math.

At present, one of the most worrying developments is the Brittish strength (if not dominance) in several branches of topsport where they used to be weak(er).
Big deja-vu.
Perhaps we close the "Only in Spain" thread, or relabel it "Only in Spain and Brittain".
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY