• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British National Championships

Re:

del1962 said:
Despite what the article says I don't think Ben Swift will be competing as he his still recovering from his injury, hope I am wrong though

Entry lists are up on the BC website. Swift's not on there. All of Sky's other British riders are riding, bar Froome, obviously. Sky will probably have too much for the others, but it will be fun race. Looking forward to watching them go up Michaelgate in the flesh.

Looks like a course for G. I'll take Luke Rowe as a dark horse/each way tip, subject to Sky team orders... he's had a good year, might make the TdF team and doesn't get many chances.

Surely Dowsett in post-hour-record form will beat Thomas in TdF trim? (in the TT)

It should also suit Lizzie Armitstead in the women's race. She's a level or two above the field imo, but being a team of one might be a problem. The field looks stronger than last year.

http://www.nationalroadchamps.co.uk/site/the-courses/the-national-road-race

End of June, men's RR is Sunday 28th. Up Michaelgate during the 8 closing circuits in Lincoln, the same circuit as in the Lincoln GP. It's a short power climb, but sapping for sprinters and a launchpad for attacks for some. E.g. a Yates brother (good point), a G or a Rowe, Kennaugh's won there before as noted. Sprinters do win the Lincoln GP sometimes though, for what that's worth.

TRENDING THREADS