• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brotherly Love

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Andy seemed pretty tired after the finish, while Frank seemed rather lively. I think currently Frank is simply better. Doesn't mean that can't change the next stages of course, but i doubt it was a coincidence that Frank and not Andy rode away from the others.
On Plateau de Beille Andy looked much better than Fränk though.

Frank wasn't even with the best 5 climbers that day. When they really 'went' he was off a few times and if they had continued Fränk could never have returned.

Andy can win the Tour. Fränk is only holding him back at the moment.

Pantani_lives said:
Andy Schleck said in an interview that "we" want to win the Tour de France, and if Fränk wins it would make him just as happy as when he wins himself. Although they have four or five rivals left, their dream of both making the podium is becoming more realistic. We have had situations in the past with two team mates aiming for the big win (Hinault-Lemond, Riis-Ullrich), but never before with two brothers.

On Luz-Ardiden we saw Big Schleck attacking, and Baby Schleck riding more passively. Is Fränk currently better, or is Andy just waiting for the next mountain stages to take over? And couldn't there be any sort of rivalry between them? I wouldn't like to lose to my brother!

I also wonder what they would prefer: finishing first and twelfth, or second and third. In Liege they seemed to prefer the second, but that's hardly comparable to the TdF.

Big Schleck
ffff.jpg

Baby Schleck
zzz.jpg

While I have nothing personal against this thread, I do feel I need some clarification....

How come this thread is "allowed", while my thread "Quote of the day" had to moved to the "Schlecks Depreciation Thread"?

The contents of my post, was as follows:

Imho, this must be the "Quote of the day" for this rest day, with many interviews:

"It would be boring without us"
The Schleck bro's

Maybe it should be ingraved on the virtual grave stone, if they lose the TdF?

Feel free to add your own "Quote of the day" from the various interviews...

Was my thread asking for quotes from various interviews really *that* much more "Schleck Depreciation"-ing?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Grayguard said:
While I have nothing personal against this thread, I do feel I need some clarification....

How come this thread is "allowed", while my thread "Quote of the day" had to moved to the "Schlecks Depreciation Thread"?

The contents of my post, was as follows:

Imho, this must be the "Quote of the day" for this rest day, with many interviews:

"It would be boring without us"
The Schleck bro's

Maybe it should be ingraved on the virtual grave stone, if they lose the TdF?

Feel free to add your own "Quote of the day" from the various interviews...

Was my thread asking for quotes from various interviews really *that* much more "Schleck Depreciation"-ing?

zzz.jpg

this was just too good to pass up on

The seemingly random censorship, coupled with the maturity of some of these replies makes me feel right at home ;) After all I got twin sons of 7 yoa, and 1 of 5.

And well, even in Denmark we got censorship - even if it's usually self-censorship by the media.

spalco said:
I agree. People also forget that Frank got very, very close to winning the Tour de France in 2008. Ok, some say Sastre wasn't a worthy winner either, but it is what it is. I'm still not even convinced Andy is that much better than Frank in the first place.

Andy is that much better than Frank. Frank really didn't come that close to winning the Tour considering whatever time he may have had at the beginning of the stage to Alpe d'Huez and what he could have gained had he been in Sastre's shoes and won the stage was not enough to make up for the ITT that he was bound to lose major minutes on to Evans. Sastre was his team's last and only chance for taking the overall at that point and for them to be bitter that Sastre "attacked the yellow jersey" on that stage, simply shows how jealous they are of Sastre's intiative that led to his Tour win. Their responses to Sastre's complaints of not being supported during the Tour are evidence of the negative vibe that they likely sent out throughout the Tour and especially afterward towards Sastre.