• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bryneel about contador

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
pmcg76 said:
. . . I guess I was trying to make the point that if former Lance supporters can come to the same conclusion after the Tour as to what we had predicted long before, then surely we are not just blind with hatred as we are painted by Lance defenders . . .

I think both of you are intelligent posters who actually can see through the BS and can form your own opinions based on the evidence.

Most intelligent posters also realized there are three main types for the usage of the word context. You may pass the all-inclusive type, and in these forums, the social type. But you and yours fail miserably on the last type - personal. For those of us who could care less about LA's human frailties, the fact that you have to obsess about Lance in this thread(and countless others) about "Bryneel about contador" doesn't give you too many rocks to hide behind. But at this point in your evolution you can't help yourself - its just a symptom of the pathology.

Angliru said:
Like the millions in appearance fees that he received at various events during the course of the season? It's likely that there is a balance of give and take in there.

Correct Lance is putting all of his money straight back into cycling and the awareness campagin.

This news came out today:

AUSTIN, TX-Famed bicyclist Lance Armstrong has added commercial real estate to his other business ventures, joining forces with agent Bill Stapleton, business manager Bart Knaggs and former Trammell Crow executive Lance Sallis to form CSE Realty Partners. The real estate investment company is targeting value-add investments, while raising $100 million for a fund to further leverage what the partners are already putting into the business.

"We're focused on acquisitions, specifically acquisitions of office, industrial, retail, multifamily and condo, and we're initially focused on central Texas," says Sallis, who is managing partner with the new venture. The investments will range from $5 million to $20 million and "the plan is acquisition and lease-up," Sallis tells GlobeSt.com. He says the company plans a hold target of between three and five years.

Sallis, a 20-year real estate veteran, was previously managing director with Trammell Crow Co.'s Austin office, continuing to oversee operations there after TCC's merger with CB Richard Ellis in 2007. He left the company in March, took a few months off, then worked with the others to start CSE Realty Partners. Patrick Jeffers, another alum from TCC's Austin office and former wide receiver with the Denver Broncos, will also be part of the team.

Armstrong is best known for his prowess on the Tour de France, a competition he won seven times. He's also known for having battled stage three testicular cancer. He is also a businessman, having stakes in businesses including Capital Sports & Entertainment Holdings Inc.--which handles Armostrong's cycling career, marketing and endorsements; C3 Presents--the producer of Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits Festival; and providing equity funding for bicycle component maker SRAM. Sallis says CSE Realty Partners' office is at 98 San Jacinto, the same location as Armstrong's other ventures.

http://www.globest.com/news/1528_1528/austin/181920-1.html

pmcg76 said:
My apologies to both RaceRalph and ggusta. I addded the (not necessarily these 2) in my post because I knew neither of you were signed up back then so I didnt know what you thought.

Following on from your earlier posts in which you both stated had supported Lance before the Tour, there very, very few or no Lance fans who agreed with our prognosis on what would happen which is why I was making the 'similarity' comparison. I am sure you guys have noticed that a lot of Lance defenders are so myopic, they choose to suspend or twist reality to defend their man.

I guess I was trying to make the point that if former Lance supporters can come to the same conclusion after the Tour as to what we had predicted long before, then surely we are not just blind with hatred as we are painted by Lance defenders.

I think both of you are intelligent posters who actually can see through the BS and can form your own opinions based on the evidence.

It would be nice to hear from Lance's supporters who have a rooting interest in cycling rather than either an interest in just Lance or suffer from a lack of coherence discussing their views honestly. (Oldnell) I do sympathize with those intelligent Lance supporters who are reticent because they swiftly are driven to a defensive pose with so many insulting responses.

Internet forums are tough places to oppose the dominant paradigm.

SpeedWay said:
Most intelligent posters also realized there are three main types for the usage of the word context. You may pass the all-inclusive type, and in these forums, the social type. But you and yours fail miserably on the last type - personal. For those of us who could care less about LA's human frailties, the fact that you have to obsess about Lance in this thread(and countless others) about "Bryneel about contador" doesn't give you too many rocks to hide behind. But at this point in your evolution you can't help yourself - its just a symptom of the pathology.

From the guy who has yet to add anything constructive on any subject. All you do is criticise others who dont like Lance. What sort of pathology is that.

Why do you bother posting on a cycling forum if you never actually comment on any cycling related issues.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Correct Lance is putting all of his money straight back into cycling and the awareness campagin.

AUSTIN, TX-Famed bicyclist Lance Armstrong has added commercial real estate to his other business ventures, joining forces with agent Bill Stapleton, business manager Bart Knaggs and former Trammell Crow executive Lance Sallis to form CSE Realty Partners. The real estate investment company is targeting value-add investments, while raising $100 million for a fund to further leverage what the partners are already putting into the business.

"We're focused on acquisitions, specifically acquisitions of office, industrial, retail, multifamily and condo, and we're initially focused on central Texas," says Sallis, who is managing partner with the new venture. The investments will range from $5 million to $20 million and "the plan is acquisition and lease-up," Sallis tells GlobeSt.com. He says the company plans a hold target of between three and five years.

Sallis, a 20-year real estate veteran, was previously managing director with Trammell Crow Co.'s Austin office, continuing to oversee operations there after TCC's merger with CB Richard Ellis in 2007. He left the company in March, took a few months off, then worked with the others to start CSE Realty Partners. Patrick Jeffers, another alum from TCC's Austin office and former wide receiver with the Denver Broncos, will also be part of the team.

Armstrong is best known for his prowess on the Tour de France, a competition he won seven times. He's also known for having battled stage three testicular cancer. He is also a businessman, having stakes in businesses including Capital Sports & Entertainment Holdings Inc.--which handles Armostrong's cycling career, marketing and endorsements; C3 Presents--the producer of Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits Festival; and providing equity funding for bicycle component maker SRAM. Sallis says CSE Realty Partners' office is at 98 San Jacinto, the same location as Armstrong's other ventures.

Yet another way to extract money from the groupies. Gotta hand it to Armstrong, he knows how to work his base.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
SpeedWay said:

Lots of words....no content.

thehog said:

These kinds of articles may be fodder for those who just criticize anything to do with him. I get that. He can be called a hypocrite in some circles. I get that, too.

However, imagine yourself as a 'super-celebrity' with instant name recognition who can raise capital with just the power of your name and a comparatively small investment. That name power is like a currency unto itself. Comm Real estate is deeply depressed in many areas and if he seeks to capitalize on it, well what can you do? Look gang, he ain't ever gonna be poor, if that is what you are hoping for.

As a capitalist, buyers moving into a market with too many sellers and too few buyers will probably help stabilize a depressed market. It's a good thing. It's being done by a jerk, but that doesn't make it a bad thing.

A

Anonymous

SpeedWay said:

Hey, when you do, let us know! Because see, intelligent posters know that the saying is "couldn't care less." If you COULD care less, you aren't making much of a statement, are you?

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
ggusta said:
It would be nice to hear from Lance's supporters who have a rooting interest in cycling rather than either an interest in just Lance or suffer from a lack of coherence discussing their views honestly. (Oldnell) I do sympathize with those intelligent Lance supporters who are reticent because they swiftly are driven to a defensive pose with so many insulting responses.

Internet forums are tough places to oppose the dominant paradigm.

Good post. Although I feel it goes to the extreme of if your not anti LA enough, the insults start flying. Personally I'm fairly neutral on him, respect a lot of what he's achieved on the bike, off the bike he's a much more mixed bag. Don't think he's remotely wonderful or evil, some here really seem to struggle with the concept that one individual can be a mix of white and black as well as a range of grey. That wouldn't be so bad if they could cope with other people not sharing their views.

TRENDING THREADS