• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bye Bye Klöden

Alpe d'Huez said:
Still think Astana should have taken Horner and left Klodi at home.

This does nothing but bode poorly for the team's reputation, and ramifications in the form of lack of invites, or simply bad press, are an inevitable fallout waiting to happen.

I said before that Kloden should not be invited because the sword of Damocles could fall on him at any moment. I really do not understand how Buyneel could be stupid enough to take him along. It was obvious last month that the investigation report had a very high probability of being released during the TdF.

Is Bruyneel deliberating poisoning the well before Vino's return?

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Kloden was no doubt there that night but it is one of those situations where it is one mans word against anothers. Sinkewitz, who admitted to doping has damaged credibility for engaging. I remember something about Kloden's lawyer saying that there is no hard evidence to support the claims.

I do for sure think he was there that night but it may not hold up in court if it ever goes that far.

Turd Ferguson said:
Kloden was no doubt there that night but it is one of those situations where it is one mans word against anothers. Sinkewitz, who admitted to doping has damaged credibility for engaging. I remember something about Kloden's lawyer saying that there is no hard evidence to support the claims.

I do for sure think he was there that night but it may not hold up in court if it ever goes that far.

There is information that Kloden was sent a package of "vitamins". That alone is probably enough to cook his goose.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Turd Ferguson said:

Rogers was also tho. They all were, bar Ully, I think. :D

What was it, 7 riders there? Or 6. So, was it Guerini or Honchar not there? And Honchar was on something to tt so convincingly, he was pushing a huge gear.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
There is information that Kloden was sent a package of "vitamins". That alone is probably enough to cook his goose.

I can't imagine dealing with that much paranoia on a day to day basis as some of these guys do. Goose could be cooked if they could link said vitamins to a money transaction.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Still think Astana should have taken Horner and left Klodi at home.

This does nothing but bode poorly for the team's reputation, and ramifications in the form of lack of invites, or simply bad press, are an inevitable fallout waiting to happen.

Vino and Kash ruined it a few years back - and now with vino being a little b**** they are going to run it into the ground for him to pick up the pieces. Well, not really but it would be fitting.

Turd Ferguson said:
I can't imagine dealing with that much paranoia on a day to day basis as some of these guys do. Goose could be cooked if they could link said vitamins to a money transaction.

They were sent from Freiburg via express mail and insured for 1000 DM. That is a lot of vitamins. :) German investigators probably have the accounting records from the investigation of Freiburg and probably other info about what was actually contained in the package.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/editions/first-edition-cycling-news-march-25-2008

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Turd Ferguson said:

Why money transaction? Is doping allowed if you don't pay for it? You know, Kloden might actually not have paid anything at all. The program could have been part of the 'benefits package'.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Why money transaction? Is doping allowed if you don't pay for it? You know, Kloden might actually not have paid anything at all. The program could have been part of the 'benefits package'.

Very true and yes, most likely a good benefits package - free health care - I was just trying to point out that monetary transactions for services etc can be used as evidence in court to link someone to something.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Why wouldn't The Hog put Klodi on the Tour Squad?

I'm sure The Hog and his buddies are very familiar with the preparation methods Kloden is accused of using, and don't think he did anything wrong.

The Phantom of Frieburg really is a ghost. The Harry Lime of cycling's underbelly.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock....and Spartacus!"

Ah, I love the smell of those Viennese sewers, in the morning.:D

TRENDING THREADS