• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CAD tool for bicycle frame design

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Laszlo said:
cervelo is using solidworks; and they're not posting any cad models either ( I asked)

Did you really expect them to?

Those CAD models are Cervelo's secret sauce, such as it is; I don't think they really want Double Happiness Novelty Toilet Cleaner and Carbon Fabrication Company of Wuhan, China just downloading the CAD drawings and doing exact knockoffs.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they can do well enough with or without the cad files; the bikes are made under license, and fairly straight forward too. maybe...theres some carbon weave magic that hides some propietary secret- but that will apply to only some of their frames. At any rate I really did not see the big deal; I can get profiles of all kinds of cars aircraft etc. I did not think a bike frame would be any different.