• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel fans, help me out, please!

Why on earth can't this bloke keep his helmet on straight. Every time I see him it's tilted off to the side. I have trouble rooting for someone this goofy-looking, as much as I want to like the guy. ;)

bettiniphoto_0042745_1_full_600_600.jpg

20071960-80003-480-90-480-70.jpg

Seriously, what's the story???

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't have any pictures of me with my helmet on straight because my head isn't perfectly symmetrical and it always falls off to one side of the bump on my forehead. I never realised it mattered, but now that you have said it makes me look goofy-looking I have a stark choice - give up cycling with a helmet on or just ignore a rather anal spectator.

Give me a couple of hours and I'll get back to you with help.

You need it.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
It doesn't help that pro-riders can't choose which brand of helmets they have to wear so even if the company doesn't make one that fits properly they have to make do. Hopefully BMC will go with Lazers next year and Cadel will have a helmet that sits well on even the weirdest shaped head.

The fact that Cadel's head is permanently leaning to one side when he puts in a big effort doesn't help. I'd suspect that's the partly result of too many broken collar bones.

I think its the Francisco Mancebo effect. As stated earlier, it appears when he's putting in a hard effort his head tilts to one side, same as Mancebo does who is widely recognized for the excrutiating look of pain and tilted noggin' when cranking out the wattage. Don't have any photo's though to post as an example. If anyone can help...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Cadel fans, help me out, please!

Cadel fans are like British cricket fans, they need all the help they can get themselves, so there is no use asking them, there is none to go around

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I think its the Francisco Mancebo effect. As stated earlier, it appears when he's putting in a hard effort his head tilts to one side, same as Mancebo does who is widely recognized for the excrutiating look of pain and tilted noggin' when cranking out the wattage. Don't have any photo's though to post as an example. If anyone can help...[/QUOTE]

p1003374455-5.jpg

p919712239-5.jpg

p743941697-5.jpg

ed rader

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I think its the Francisco Mancebo effect. As stated earlier, it appears when he's putting in a hard effort his head tilts to one side, same as Mancebo does who is widely recognized for the excrutiating look of pain and tilted noggin' when cranking out the wattage. Don't have any photo's though to post as an example. If anyone can help...

n53157096606_7041.jpg

13.jpg

TRENDING THREADS