• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel's Contradiction

After last year's media trainwreck at the Tour, one would think Evans would have learned a thing or two. Well the following is evidence that just maybe he hasn't:

(From time stamp 15:18 CEST of CN's live feed) "I did not necessarily come to win but its better to lead, for sure." This was Evans being quoted after regaining the race lead with his performance in Wednesday's ITT.

(From today's CN First Edition) "When you say you are not here for the win, it's an excuse when you fail." Evans said this in reponse to Contador's quote after Wednesday's ITT: "I'm just here as a spectator, I'll see on the Mount Ventoux who takes the initiative".

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Yea pretty funny!! I guess they are both setting themselves up for failure? Watch Grabsch pick up on this and fly up the Ventoux today because none of the favorites are there to win!!

VeloFidelis said:
"Don't stand on my dog, or I cut your head off"! I think the guy is brilliant. We can all use a little more improvisational candor and a lot less sound bite.

if that's your leg in your avatar, i bet you do.
thumbsup.gif

A

Anonymous

schadenfreude said:
For his own sake, Evans should hire a spokesman. When it comes to the press, the man is an idiot.

Wow, we agree on something.

A

Anonymous

VeloFidelis said:
"Don't stand on my dog, or I cut your head off"! I think the guy is brilliant. We can all use a little more improvisational candor and a lot less sound bite.

It was the wimpy b!tch slap at someone trying to touch his stuffed animal that I found least endearing.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
yourwelcome said:
'Most hated rider in the peleton'? Come on.

Is that just your opinion or what?

Not sure he creates that much of a reaction for the peleton to hate him or like him so much as to be more disliked than any other.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Kohl right now but he's not "in" the peleton. LOL

Floyd Landis is very well respected as is Lance... The most loved riders and managers maybe Cedric Vassuer.... Jonathon Vaughters for being a super duper good liar and being a nice guy at the same time. The AG2R team doctor is very very well respected now for coming out and saying that 95% of the riders are now TOTALLY CLEAN and there's only a couple of dopers left that will be weeded out next monday at the UCI press conference in Switzerland... After that there are no dopers left and there will not be any positives in the Tour because the bio pass has cleaned up the sport and all the ishiness is gone... Feel free to bring your kids back into the sport now that we've cleaned up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnLL5uiOJYg

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
VeloFidelis said:

If you saw what went on after he said that you would know it was a joke and everyone was laughing. Like everything in the media they show what they want to get the best reaction. You don't know Cadel; you know the media's version of Cadel; just like i only know you as the jerk that makes stupid comments but that is what this form of media shows me so what else do I have to go on.

Get off his case.

powderpuff said:
If you saw what went on after he said that you would know it was a joke and everyone was laughing. Like everything in the media they show what they want to get the best reaction. You don't know Cadel; you know the media's version of Cadel; just like i only know you as the jerk that makes stupid comments but that is what this form of media shows me so what else do I have to go on.

Get off his case.

I did see what went on after. I know it was a joke. I like Cadel Evans. The comments should make that clear. Get your head out of your a$$ and read it again.

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:

Get off his case.

powderpuff, I may be reading VeloFidelis incorrectly, but he/she didn't appear critical of CE, intead praising his humour/spontaniety.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
VeloFidelis said:
I did see what went on after. I know it was a joke. I like Cadel Evans. The comments should make that clear. Get you head out of you a$$ and read it again.

Sorry If I misinterpreted your post; i'm just sick to death of people going on about that quote... :cool: Try as I may, never have managed to get my head up my A$$ in the first place.. whats your secret..just kidding.:D

A

Anonymous

powderpuff said:
Sorry If I misinterpreted your post; i'm just sick to death of people going on about that quote... :cool: Try as I may, never have managed to get my head up my A$$ in the first place.. whats your secret..just kidding.:D

Cadel is a wheel sucking pu$$y who slaps at people who try to touch his stuffed animals. He also has a chin that looks like an a$$.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
My, my, my, people are touchy when it comes to disparaging remarks about their beloved cyclists! Taking it all so personally! Do some here identify THAT much with their beloved cyclists that they feel personally affronted whenever a remark is made about that cyclist?

Like Pavlov's dogs...

Remember, it's about the cyclist, not about you!

TRENDING THREADS