• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel's Contradiction

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
My, my, my, people are touchy when it comes to disparaging remarks about their beloved cyclists!
Remember, it's about the cyclist, not about you!

Yep, but hey isn't that what being a true tifosa is all about?
:rolleyes:

powderpuff said:
which one of my chins were you referring to??:D

evans.jpg

powderpuff said:
If you saw what went on after he said that you would know it was a joke and everyone was laughing. Like everything in the media they show what they want to get the best reaction. You don't know Cadel; you know the media's version of Cadel; just like i only know you as the jerk that makes stupid comments but that is what this form of media shows me so what else do I have to go on.

Get off his case.

Dude your Cadel Kool-aid must be 150% proof. My original post was simply about 3 quotes and how Cadel's seemed to not be consistent since he seemingly criticized Contador for saying almost the same thing as it pertains to his goals for the Dauphine. It really has importance now that Evans is quoted as wondering why Contador wouldn't assist him on the Ventoux stage. Based on Contador's quote, Evans got what he should have expected from Contador. Bottom line is that Evans is once again searching for someone to blame for his own shortcomings. Usually its his team but now its grown to the riders around him that refuse to offer assistance in his achieving his goals. He may be better served playing tennis, even then he'd cry about the weather or the wind or that the line judges have it in for him.;)

I've personally tried hard to warm to Evans but he just keeps making it oh so hard.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
agreed angliru!! His statements were a total contradiction...in my opinion the better ride yesterday was Contador. His goals have been consistent throughout. Evans is looking for a scapegoat and at the same time trying to make Contador look bad...come July the only part of Contador he will be seeing is his back as it rides away from him on the big climbs!!

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Dude your Cadel Kool-aid must be 150% proof. Bottom line is that Evans is once again searching for someone to blame for his own shortcomings. Usually its his team but now its grown to the riders around him that refuse to offer assistance in his achieving his goals. He may be better served playing tennis, even then he'd cry about the weather or the wind or that the line judges have it in for him.;)

I've personally tried hard to warm to Evans but he just keeps making it oh so hard.
You misunderstood where my original comments were directed. They weren't at you original post must latter comments by another poster. ;) Cadel's biggest mistake is talking to the press straight after a stage when emotions of the moment are still there. If you knew some of the stuff that he has to put with from his team mgmt you would complain too. Tour de Romandie was a fiasco. He can't play tennis for sh&t. Didn't know he put out Kool-Aid.:D Not Cadel's Schadeeee, which of my chins.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
agreed angliru!! His statements were a total contradiction...in my opinion the better ride yesterday was Contador. His goals have been consistent throughout. Evans is looking for a scapegoat and at the same time trying to make Contador look bad...come July the only part of Contador he will be seeing is his back as it rides away from him on the big climbs!!
When did you last talk to Cadel about his goals? He is focused on the TdF, being successful here would be a nice bonus like he has said but not his goal.

Thoughtforfood said:
Cadel is a wheel sucking pu$$y who slaps at people who try to touch his stuffed animals. He also has a chin that looks like an a$$.

So tell us TFF, since you seem to have some strong opinions, and I have seen you ask the question directly before: Do you think Cadel Evans rides clean, or is he doping too?

A

Anonymous

VeloFidelis said:
So tell us TFF, since you seem to have some strong opinions, and I have seen you ask the question directly before: Do you think Cadel Evans rides clean, or is he doping too?

My opinion is that he probably uses transfusions of his own blood and other substances to aid recovery, but probably not things like CERA or EPO because he doesn't ever show that power that just destroys everyone (ala Ricco, Basso, Armstrong, Vino, Contador, well, the list is long). Because I believe it is clear that his natural talent is equal to them. But that is just an opinion. Most of my problem with Evans is his that he seems like a whiny little pu$$y, but again, that is just an opinion.

True story, I found cyclingforums.com by typing "Cadel Evans is a wheel sucking pu$$y" (of course I used s's) into Google a couple of years ago.

Clear enough?

powderpuff said:
You misunderstood where my original comments were directed. They weren't at you original post must latter comments by another poster. ;) Cadel's biggest mistake is talking to the press straight after a stage when emotions of the moment are still there. If you knew some of the stuff that he has to put with from his team mgmt you would complain too. Tour de Romandie was a fiasco. He can't play tennis for sh&t. Didn't know he put out Kool-Aid.:D Not Cadel's Schadeeee, which of my chins.

With 7km to go till the summit finish Contador's teammate Haimar Zubeldia was up the road in a break. For Contador to assist Evans would have jeapordized his teammate's chance at a stage win. Evans had to know that Contador had a teammate up the road and would be of no assistance to his efforts to hanging on to the race leader's jersey.

You may be right that he should avoid the press until he's cooled off after a stage but if you are/were the race leader it is part of the job to talk with the press, even after losing the jersey. He's obviously an intelligent guy, just one that is constantly having to extract his foot from his mouth.

Thoughtforfood said:
My opinion is that he probably uses transfusions of his own blood and other substances to aid recovery, but probably not things like CERA or EPO because he doesn't ever show that power that just destroys everyone (ala Ricco, Basso, Armstrong, Vino, Contador, well, the list is long). Because I believe it is clear that his natural talent is equal to them. But that is just an opinion. Most of my problem with Evans is his that he seems like a whiny little pu$$y, but again, that is just an opinion.

True story, I found cyclingforums.com by typing "Cadel Evans is a wheel sucking pu$$y" (of course I used s's) into Google a couple of years ago.

Clear enough?

so not only are you a clueless idiot who's obsessed with doping, you're also a newbie clueless idiot?

why am i not surprised?

A

Anonymous

schadenfreude said:
so not only are you a clueless idiot who's obsessed with doping, you're also a newbie clueless idiot?

why am i not surprised?

Um....I've been riding since the early 90's and following cycling since the mid 80's....and this isn't cyclingforums.com and even if it were, I posted on other forums before that.

You seem to be obsessed with me. Sweetie, I know you think your capable of judging your superiors, but you really shouldn't. It just makes you look like a bigger moron with each new post.

Thoughtforfood said:
Um....I've been riding since the early 90's and following cycling since the mid 80's....and this isn't cyclingforums.com and even if it were, I posted on other forums before that.

You seem to be obsessed with me. Sweetie, I know you think your capable of judging your superiors, but you really shouldn't. It just makes you look like a bigger moron with each new post.

projecting. again. ;)

A

Anonymous

schadenfreude said:
projecting. again. ;)

You came gunning for me you sweet little thing. I ignore your inane, pointless posts unless they involve me. You on the other hand obviously have that 12 year old girl infatuation thing going on. Its cool, I'll send you a signed picture if you PM me your address.....

How about you? How long have you been riding there sweet cheeks? I'll bet your first bike was a Trek, wasn't it? One of those little ones with the pink tassels and flowers all over it, huh?

Thoughtforfood said:
You came gunning for me you sweet little thing.

incorrect.

Thoughtforfood said:
I ignore your inane, pointless posts

incorrect. again.

Thoughtforfood said:
unless they involve me.

Thoughtforfood said:
You on the other hand obviously have that 12 year old girl infatuation thing going on.

disappointed-bongo.jpg

Thoughtforfood said:
Its cool,

sure.

Thoughtforfood said:
I'll send you a signed picture if you PM me your address.....

uh huh.

Thoughtforfood said:
How about you? How long have you been riding there sweet cheeks?

how long is a piece of string? ;)

Thoughtforfood said:
I'll bet your first bike was a Trek, wasn't it?

Yawn.gif

Thoughtforfood said:
One of those little ones with the pink tassels and flowers all over it, huh?

projecting. again.

A

Anonymous

OK, I am done toying with you. Like I said, when you stick the cymbals between your knees, you become a freak. Have at it.

TRENDING THREADS