• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Campa cog problems

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So this fellow offered to sell me a proper sized lock ring still in the box for 20 bucks. I guess that is a pretty good deal.

The funny thing is, when this happened I went through my junk box and found three old campag cog sets and I could only find one 9 speed campag lock ring (it's on a wheel I still use). What happened to them all? :confused:

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Major Taylor said:
So this fellow offered to sell me a proper sized lock ring still in the box for 20 bucks. I guess that is a pretty good deal.

New, yes. Used, no. And remove that freehub spacer, it's meant for 11s not 10s what you're running. 11s cassette clusters are narrower than 8/9/10s, that's the reason for the .5mm spacer. You will have to readjust the trim barrel adjuster and limit screws on your rear derailleur of course if you haven't done this already.

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
New, yes. Used, no. And remove that freehub spacer, it's meant for 11s not 10s what you're running. 11s cassette clusters are narrower than 8/9/10s, that's the reason for the .5mm spacer. You will have to readjust the trim barrel adjuster and limit screws on your rear derailleur of course if you haven't done this already.

Yeah I figured I would need to fiddle with the limit screws, but I won't touch anything until I get the lock ring (which is new), so that I can put the rest of the new cogs on.

Thanks for the clarification on the spacer. I had never seen one, I think that what may have happened is he sold me the bike with a rear wheel from a different bike equipped with 11 speed, but failed to remove the spacer. It's not the wheel the bike was originally sold with.

I don't know how he got the cogs on with the spacer there....

TRENDING THREADS