• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can Haussler win a GT?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Met de Versnelling said:
Everyone forgotten the stage to Colmar in the '09 Tour?

You mean that one where the peloton was closing on him fast, then suddenly decided to stop anyways, give Haussler a free ride, and call it a day all of the sudden, resulting in the most boring and disappointing stage in the Tour ever?

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
GT's aren't the be all & end all of cycling. If the guy can become a great classics rider then why waste a few years trying to just be competitive in GT's? Is Boonen a lesser rider than Evans because he hasn't got a podium in a GT?

I agree that GT's are not the be all and end all of cycling, but I don't see why Haussler can't win a points classification at the Giro or the Vuelta in a similar way to Greg van Avermaet at the Vuelta a few years ago.

The green jersey at the Tour may be a bit ambitious with Hushovd and Farrar on his team as well, but I don't see why he couldn't tear up the other two GT's. The points structure also suits his riding style a little better as well.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Moncoutie said:
GT's aren't the be all & end all of cycling. If the guy can become a great classics rider then why waste a few years trying to just be competitive in GT's? Is Boonen a lesser rider than Evans because he hasn't got a podium in a GT?
I have the same opinion on Haussler as I did in the EBH GT thread. I hope he doesn't even try. We need more stage hunters and classics men, not more wannabe anti-gravity twig men going for one stage race per year and doing little else. Guys like Haussler are a breath of fresh air to a cycling fan.

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I have the same opinion on Haussler as I did in the EBH GT thread. I hope he doesn't even try. We need more stage hunters and classics men, not more wannabe anti-gravity twig men going for one stage race per year and doing little else. Guys like Haussler are a breath of fresh air to a cycling fan.

Yep, thats how I see it. And I think the EBH comparison is a good one.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
No.

HausslerHeinrichPIC118676S-vi.jpg