• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Canadian WT Races: GP de Quebec (9/9) and GP de Montreal (11/9)

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't catch coverage on Eurosport.

This is Costa's niche and I'm glad to see him making a name for himself. Form is coming and maybe he can do something beautiful at Lombardia (would be very happy with Top 10, Top 5 would taste like a win). Next year a new phase for him. As he starts picking results, it will be harder to get into this kind of adventures. But I trust in his strenght and ability to read a race.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
nobody thinks that gilbert and roelandts didn't race as teammate?
gilbert is leaving belgium next year as we all know, maybe roelandts was racing on his own...

i do not know, maybe they are great friends, but it is very weird that was gilbert doing the lead out for roelandts and even roelandts not taking a turn when the group was chasing rui costa ,denifl and fedrigo.
when there is a finish like that and you have gilbert in your team, normally you help in the chasing....

A

Anonymous

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Headwind can really have a profound effect on races... headwind on climb killed pyrenees in the tour, now montreal, which was last year a very fun race
yeh, last year was great. this year not so.

Gave up on the net and watched the last 50kms on tv, late.

Definitely some sort of Eurosport commentator game going on, with Rob Gesink, this weekend.
Last night we had: "No sign of Gesink yet. He's waiting patiently in the peloton until it's his turn to come.":eek:

The poorest race of the four we have so far witnessed.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
They were in front of the climb because they escaped half a lap before.
But it worked in their favour this time.

I still think Costa wastes too much energy in premature attacks in classics tho. Paid off today though.

Hah. Don't worry about Costa.. he's very smart. He didn't ride at the front of the big break 1 second. I noticed it from the start and I always wonder why others keep on riding when there is 1 very strong rider that just sits at the end of the group. Very smart rider. He was in the right position for the sprint at the finish as well.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
missed the race, avoided cn all day so I could watch the reply on eurosport, which is actually the replay of Friday's race :rolleyes:

whatever, doesn't sound like I missed much. Nice for costa tho :)

Kwibus said:
Hah. Don't worry about Costa.. he's very smart. He didn't ride at the front of the big break 1 second. I noticed it from the start and I always wonder why others keep on riding when there is 1 very strong rider that just sits at the end of the group. Very smart rider. He was in the right position for the sprint at the finish as well.

I seem to recall him happily letting Tejay van Garderen waste the energy in the Tour as well - Costa did enough relays to make sure the break would stay, but Tejay wanted the mountains points and was prepared to put in the longer pulls, Costa is growing smarter.

TRENDING THREADS