• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Canadians Beating phat !

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Surprised to see no comment about the Canadian Cycling President writing to phat mc splat !

http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=25637

Years ago i , whilst having coffee with nein , at the then Lausanne office of UCIless , i proposed that ALL winnings of Racers be put into a " Reserved Fund " , denying access until retirement ! Further proposed that , should a Racedr be found Guilty of " Doping / PED usage " , they forfeit ALL these monies !

Various other ideas were proposed , that can be found in my blogs . Of course who wants to listen to what i said then , when someone can read it then make their OWN proposal ?

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Love the send-off at the end of the letter:

"If the UCI follows through on this undertaking we would strongly suggest that it be an independent body and that its oversight be provided by the WADA rather than the UCI. The UCI can’t be seen or perceived to be in a position where it could control the commission’s work or reporting."

Not bad from a Fed president.

Now if ALL the Feds can get behind it...

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
skippy said:
Surprised to see no comment about the Canadian Cycling President writing to phat mc splat !

Years ago i , whilst having coffee with nein , at the then Lausanne office of UCIless , i proposed that ALL winnings of Racers be put into a " Reserved Fund " , denying access until retirement ! Further proposed that , should a Racedr be found Guilty of " Doping / PED usage " , they forfeit ALL these monies !

Various other ideas were proposed , that can be found in my blogs . Of course who wants to listen to what i said then , when someone can read it then make their OWN proposal ?

Now we'll see if the Canadian standing is made to suffer from a certain petty vindictive administrator somewhere in the land of whole milk cheese and 'private' banking...

skippy said:

No, this is not a good idea. Many of these guys depend on winnings for their salaries. Who then keeps the $$? It would give that government body or whoever keeps the $$ more incentive to go after riders with a lot of money won just so they won't have to pay them.

People should actually think through ideas better before proposing draconian measures that affect the livelihoods of so many. You sure that coffee wasn't spiked?

Moose McKnuckles said:
No, this is not a good idea. Many of these guys depend on winnings for their salaries. Who then keeps the $$? It would give that government body or whoever keeps the $$ more incentive to go after riders with a lot of money won just so they won't have to pay them.

People should actually think through ideas better before proposing draconian measures that affect the livelihoods of so many. You sure that coffee wasn't spiked?

Just do it for WT level races.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
bye bye GP Montreal and GP Quebec City and hello Tour of Saudi Arabia

If that happens I will personally fly to Aigle, and open up a can of maple-syrup whupass on phat, and flog him to death with a side of bacon, and force him to watch the Maple Leafs play hockey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
fortyninefourteen said:
if that happens i will personally fly to aigle, and open up a can of maple-syrup whupass on phat, and flog him to death with a side of bacon, and force him to watch the maple leafs play hockey.

+1. :D

[10 char]

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Moose McKnuckles said:

In opening this thread , i had thought to have time to look for the full background of the Idea ! Essentially , aLL Winnings would have gone into a " Suspense Fund " , administered by Professionals , out of reach of ALL Parties in Cycling .

British Lawyers , Barristers , were able to set aside their Income in a way that allowed them to " Average " Income , thus smoothing out their Tax Liabilities . When a Racer is Winning regularly , they have Income Spikes , but when retired , their Income is considerably reduced .

In the Early 2000s there was a minimum wage for Racers , so thought that this would cover " Day to Day " needs , for most .

When a Racer has a considerable Winnings Pot to lose , would they think that a " oneoff " shortcut , was worthwhile ?

Nothing will discourage those , that are like Lance , kohl , chicken or Ricco , from outrageously trying to beat the system , but most Racers would think safety rather than risk ?

skippy said:

Dear John,

Thank you!

Dave.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
The natives are getting restless - not before time.

There was a comment made last week by Norwegian Cycling Federation President, Harald Tiedemann Hansen, saying that Verbruggen should be removed from the UCI.

Isn't he a sort of "honorary president"?

Of course he should be pounded (hopefuly publicly and under oath), but going for the current leader from a Fed is pretty cool, too.

Might have a hard time convincing the hard-core cycling federations in Africa, China and the Middle East to change their votes, though.

They truly being the hotbeds and future of cycling afterall...

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
If that happens I will personally fly to Aigle, and open up a can of maple-syrup whupass on phat, and flog him to death with a side of bacon, and force him to watch the Maple Leafs play hockey.

See, I think you could could get charged with Hate Crimes for that ....

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
purcell said:
See, I think you could could get charged with Hate Crimes for that ....

Yes.

There are some transgressions deserving of punishment that falls 'outside' the conventions in place at the moment.

And I know the TML's fall far left of center in this cruelty
standard at the moment.

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I agree Dqueued, thanks to John Tolkamp. Wish there was a way to hear if there are repercussions. Hope cdn organizers, riders, officials stand by him.

May I suggest readers forward the link to their federations president? It would be great to see us get to a tipping point. McQuaid can't blackball every federation.