• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cancella on Trek Speed Concept

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how Tony Martin gets on with the S-works from riding the Scott of last year. Dowsett could surprise a few people this year though.
And yes i reckon the Pinnarello is a classier bike by a mile also.

TShame said:
I don't have what he said in Swiss, but I think it translates into "Wicked Fast".
2nd place just got 30 seconds slower.

but is not about the bike;)

PS: Cancellara has already proved he can ride on anything and get the results-from Cervelo to Specialized & now Trek (a Pity if you ask me, but that's life..)

May 14, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
but is not about the bike;)

PS: Cancellara has already proved he can ride on anything and get the results-from Cervelo to Specialized & now Trek (a Pity if you ask me, but that's life..)

Seriously. If Cancellara can win on a Trek then we know for sure it really isn't about the bike.
:D

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
i'm a little bit more interested in the outcome now that he's using bontrager wheels (compared to zipp when he was on both cervelo & specialized). then again, he's a pro so he'd still say they were wicked fast :)

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Fuglsang's comment seems honest: "The guys from Trek, especially Ben Coates, have helped us out with really useful information. So far it looks like I would gain two minutes in a 40 kilometre time trial but that's all in theory because you would never be sitting on the bars in that position."

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
funnytanlines said:
i'm a little bit more interested in the outcome now that he's using bontrager wheels (compared to zipp when he was on both cervelo & specialized). then again, he's a pro so he'd still say they were wicked fast :)

We will more likely be using blank Zipp wheels with Bontrager stickers on them... not many people look close enough to notice

sublimit said:
It will be interesting to see how Tony Martin gets on with the S-works from riding the Scott of last year. Dowsett could surprise a few people this year though.
And yes i reckon the Pinnarello is a classier bike by a mile also.

Gee... A bike snob who is not afraid to embarrass himself by mistaking a higher price tag and a European pedigree for superior technology... Hmmm... Never seen that before.

I mean WTF... made in America? Can't possibly be as good!

TRENDING THREADS