• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cannondale trailer hubs - I need some help

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've got a Cannondale Bu--er trailer (insert g's, the name won't pass the censor, but it's for real), probably from the 70's, maybe 80's. I'm putting it back into road use, and I need to lube the hub bearings. I can't figure out how to disassemble the hubs. There is a nyloc nut outboard of the hub. The bearing cone is not threaded to come off. I'm lost.

The nyloc nut comes off ez, but I don't know how to get farther - it's probably simple, but it is not obvious to me.

How do I take these things apart to lube them? :confused:

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
fyi, we solved this in another thread - titled something like "forrester's effective cycling lube method". The hubs on the Cannondale bu--ers have cartridge (sealed) bearings. The inner race was a slip-fit on the axle, and mine were frozen to the axle by rust.

TRENDING THREADS