• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cannondale

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Like all bikes the Carbon fibre is now made in China because that is where the manufacturers have set up the factory.
Why make carbon frames in USA when it is inferior to what can be made in China they all do it so we must live with it unless you want to go local hand made.
Some sell hand made carbon but note they are lugged and only assembled by hand the tubes are made in China.

They do it because they only have give their tradesmen a bowl of rice for a days work but that is changing fast now.

End of an era...

Dude - As I understand it even the aluminum frames are going to pe produced in China in '11 and beyond. Plenty of CAAD7/8/9 frames and built bikes on ebay relatively cheap.

I got a Caad 9 and love it. I will keep it till it cracks and just get warranty. Cannondale have such a large base of design experience that it doesnt matter really if its made in bejing or bedford PA.

As long as Cannondale keep offering lifetime warranty, I will keep riding and recomending them.

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I am really excited to ride one of the new caad10's. I was going to buy a caad9 about a month ago, but decided to hold out until next season.
I hear online that its going to be about 200 grams lighter, and a bit stiffer in the front triangle.
The chain/seat stays look super skinny/weak. But if they have that lifetime warranty I wouldn't worry about them.
Maybe if it cracks I'll just get a supersix?

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah,
I hear all you guys. But I've just got a soft-spot for having a US made bike. I'll probably be looking for a lightly-used CAAD 9 in a couple of years, otherwise, I may have to spring for custom Ti or steel from a US builder. I currently have 2 Cannondales, and when I can no longer get a US built one, I won't have any more.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:
Like all bikes the Carbon fibre is now made in China because that is where the manufacturers have set up the factory.
Why make carbon frames in USA when it is inferior to what can be made in China they all do it so we must live with it unless you want to go local hand made.
Some sell hand made carbon but note they are lugged and only assembled by hand the tubes are made in China.

They do it because they only have give their tradesmen a bowl of rice for a days work but that is changing fast now.

Nice try dude... Trek high end Madones are still made in the good ole USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nVbmcnsXXs

Looks to me like they're even laying up the tubes themselves.

But, you'll have to deal with all the Trek haters here.

TRENDING THREADS