• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Canyon Aeroad vs Ultimate

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I have an Ultimate CF SL and love it.
I bought it as a Frameset and built it myself and can't fault it.A couple of my fellow CC members have Ultimates and a couple have Aeros and no one has any issues and nothing but good to say!

Not ridden any of them but my suggestion would be to ignore marketing guff. An aero bike will not make you noticeably quicker, your position will. Ride both, play around with the position and see which one you like the feel of on the road. Wheel, tyre and pressure make a huge difference so if you can keep them the same across all the bikes you try.

It really is that personal.

Reactions: 42x16ss
That would be a personal choice. Even the riders for team Movistar have a choice between the two as some use the Ultimate while others use the Aeroad. As an example Landa rode the Aeroad while with the team, while Valverde uses the Ultimate.

TRENDING THREADS