• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Canyon Bikes, not sold in USA/Australia?

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Canyon seems really smart by selling direct to the customer, so they can keep prices down. I would love to buy an Ultimate CF SLX 9.0SL with Sram Red for under 4000 Euro. But for some reason I cannot buy one in America or Australia.

On their website they state that they are re-evaluating their customer service support in these markets. But If you look at the locations they do deliver to, it is a bigger joke than Qatar getting the world cup over USA and Australia.

Here is a short list of places Canyon Bikes will ship to, that they can provide better customer service and support to than in the USA and Australia:

Afghanistan
Botswana
Congo
Eritrea
Haiti
Iraq
Kuwait
Jamaica
Mexico
Nigeria
Qatar
Togo
United Arab Emirates
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

I guess I will take my next vacation in Nigeria so I can buy a Canyon bike and bring it home. How could a bike company that sponsors a ProTour Team not have their bike's available to 2 very large cycling markets?

BTW I'm not hating on these countries, but it would seem a lot easier to get a bike to North America than to Haiti or Afghanistan?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

May 5, 2009
Visit site
yeah, weird.

We here in Switzerland are in a similar situation. Because of brand infringements, they are not allowed to send their bikes to Switzerland. We could only order them and get them in Germany and take it over the border...

That's why I ride Specialized :D

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Battaglin has similar approach to that subject but far more better customer support.
I have been around Afghanistan and all i can tell you that is extremly hard to get something there as bikes. There is no street names, adresses at all, so how you gonna order it? It is funny. I bet in beer that is impossible:D

Only through APO (Army post office) but that is another storry

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have seen heaps of Canyon bikes in and around Melbourne clubs last season so you must be able to buy them easy enough.

I would think the Belgians may have sold some before returning to Europe after the worlds, No point in carting them back.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Competitive Cyclist will be the US distributor for Canyon bikes next year. This is due in part to Cervelo's decision to cease working with online-only channel retailers.

At least, that's what Gerard from Cervelo said on the Cervelo patent thread.

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
LugHugger said:
Competitive Cyclist will be the US distributor for Canyon bikes next year. This is due in part to Cervelo's decision to cease working with online-only channel retailers.

At least, that's what Gerard from Cervelo said on the Cervelo patent thread.

That would be awesome if competitive cyclist became a Canyon distributor!
You can customize every aspect of the bike if you order from them, and they have good customer support.

IF this is true, bravo Canyon. Now how do I get a refund on my vacation tickets to Nigeria??

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
brianf7 said:
I have seen heaps of Canyon bikes in and around Melbourne clubs last season so you must be able to buy them easy enough.

If it's anything like Trek and Armstrong in the U.S...it could be the Cadel Evans effect. He was riding a Canyon when he won the championship. When I was working at my LBS, a lot Treks were sold because of Armstrong and Trek's "It must be the bike" marketing plans.

As far as Canyon is concerned, their bikes look nice. I think them and Cervelo are settling patent lawsuits with Cervelo being sued.