• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carbon Dream Machines

FYI: For those who are vaguely interested in where their carbon dream machine probably comes from, here's a nice post from a very good blog about the production side of the bike industry.

http://www.satincesena.net/?p=1897

Be patient, the site load time is pretty slow.

The post shows you how easy it is to launch your own product.

Breathlessly extol the virtues of your 'R&D' and you'll fit in with all the other marketers. Just like the wine business, it's a great way to lose money.

Enjoy!

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Loads of carbon.

I like that white/blue TT frame (5th picture from above) and just wonder where i might seeing it before:rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The genius of Ritte is the branding

whereas Franco nobody has heard of after spending a fortune on magazine adds

and the 2 companies are a stones throw from each other here

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:

Beer, babes and bikes. Hard to argue with that. For the beer reference you'd have to dig through the site a bit.

http://www.ritteracing.com/

How's Cervelo going to market this:

P1000418.jpg

A $10,000 frameset and the press release (er... bike review I mean) describes the frame as what Cervelo's uberdorks build in their spare time. And it rides well; 5% better than Cervelo's $2000 offerings. Wow, hard to resist.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
bc_hills said:
Beer, babes and bikes. Hard to argue with that. For the beer reference you'd have to dig through the site a bit.

http://www.ritteracing.com/

How's Cervelo going to market this:

P1000418.jpg

A $10,000 frameset and the press release (er... bike review I mean) describes the frame as what Cervelo's uberdorks build in their spare time. And it rides well; 5% better than Cervelo's $2000 offerings. Wow, hard to resist.

and that seatpost looks so awesome and innovative. maybe they will run and add suggesting it was JV inspired and all his genius, throw in a free road ID and ceramic headset

anyone ever notice that the more innovative these bikes allegedly become, the fewer options there are?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
bc_hills said:

Just as well they are being made in China for a couple of hundred $$$s. they can respray them next year and call them R6s or some such.

Boeing said:

whereas Franco nobody has heard of after spending a fortune on magazine adds

and the 2 companies are a stones throw from each other here

I just checked both of them out and am still surprised people are so willing to go into the business. I can't see how either brand's business gets profitable reselling OEM/local steel builder product with the likes of much bigger OEM resellers like Kona selling a nearly identical thing.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
I just checked both of them out and am still surprised people are so willing to go into the business. I can't see how either brand's business gets profitable reselling OEM/local steel builder product with the likes of much bigger OEM resellers like Kona selling a nearly identical thing.

Well my theory is, based on my trips to LBS' and interbike the bast 5 years along with all the mags and MTBR etc, that vibe sells to a greater proportion of the population more than technology and place of MFG origin...

all about the vibe. but that is not why I ride a 29er for xc purposes now btw ;)

is the vibe any different than the so called custom steel in the 90's which was really just who had the pretty luggs or Tigg

TRENDING THREADS