• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

cardiac athletes

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
this is not an add or a plug. gust something I ran across that is now quite useful and authentic in its approach.

a great website for cardiac athletes to share and discover information with people like themselves. It is a tremendous resource for anyone with a ticker problem looking to get back to their sport.

considering the number of heart related threads in the past, there is a good chance you will find valuable information and share information with people with like conditions.

It has been upgraded recently and quite active

I hope this helps someone

http://www.cardiacathletes.org/

Boeing said:
this is not an add or a plug. gust something I ran across that is now quite useful and authentic in its approach.

a great website for cardiac athletes to share and discover information with people like themselves. It is a tremendous resource for anyone with a ticker problem looking to get back to their sport.

considering the number of heart related threads in the past, there is a good chance you will find valuable information and share information with people with like conditions.

It has been upgraded recently and quite active

I hope this helps someone

http://www.cardiacathletes.org/

If they have a forum then the number of R.I.P. threads must be epic. Maybe they just have one mongo thread where the names of the latest to drop dead are added.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
If they have a forum then the number of R.I.P. threads must be epic. Maybe they just have one mongo thread where the names of the latest to drop dead are added.

I appreciate your negativity more than anyone however it is quite a serious effort to accommodate athletes with shared information who wish to recover and again partake in their sports.

feel free to take my other threads off topic.

RIP Damiano Machiavelli btw

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Thanks Boeing
I was studying adaptive physical education, aquatics, aqua therapy in school before my injury. I found working helping to enrich and restore lives very rewarding. I never worked in any cardiac rehabilitation. I sure I will find your link very interesting.:)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
A very close friend of mine had a heart attack during a 1/2 marathon one year ago. She has recovered nicely and ran 14 miles last weekend.

Another close friend died of a Heart attack while surfing.... 2 months after he finished Ironman Kona.

You just never know

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Friend of mine ex. European butterfly record holder from 1965 had a heart attack before 10 or 12 years ago. He barely survive. I was surprised how such a athlete can suffer, but he was eating loads of French fries before.
Since then no serious activity for him, everyone is different IMHO.