• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Castilla y Leon

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
Pettachi? muddled around in the Tour of Britain and won the 2nd stage in the Tirreno. Better than nothing though. Or you were referring to your ex-wife's new lover, who, in that case, scored... your ex-wife.

I'll bet you're the kind of guy who kicks puppies aren't you?

A

Anonymous

danjo007 said:
they should close this whole forum - its full of retards

I just got diagnosed with genius a couple of days ago, and I am offended that you would dare compare this forum to the disease of reterdism. That's just not cool.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
As for result of the stage, I don't know what it means, don't know the names. Is it a good thing that small teams are getting results in the curent climate, yes and no I guess. Can anyone from Spain enllighten me about the quality of Martinez and Rojas?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Jarvis said:
As for result of the stage, I don't know what it means, don't know the names. Is it a good thing that small teams are getting results in the curent climate, yes and no I guess. Can anyone from Spain enllighten me about the quality of Martinez and Rojas?

Maybe I can help a little with Rojas, have seen him at the season opening Tour Down Under last 2 years where he has showed a bit . Always seemed to be in the top 6 or 7 at the finish against a bit of sprinting talent. He finished third overall this year and has won young jersey last 2 years - I believe he is 23 years old.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that look - always interesting to know more about the young talent coming through - always more interesting than the has beens ;)

Sorry, Susan, I always use surnames myself but then am not an Astana/Armstrong fangirl - I like Merckx and Coppi but don't refer to them as Eddy and Fausto. Oh well, each to their own ;)

Feed is working today, for the ITT. Must have been a Lance boycott, yesterday.
Bertie is currently churning out those watts....
1) Levi
2) Bertie @ 16"

A new breed of tiny trialists?

3) Dave Zee @ 37"
4) Stef Clemont @ 49"
5) Denis Menchov @ 55"
6) Tom Danielson

*G*K*S* said:
So now what happens? The next two stages are mt. top finishes.

Leipheimer works for Contador, pacing him up the climbs and releasing him to attack, then soft pedals the rest of the way, saving energy to repeat his domestique duties in upcoming stages. Consequently he loses enough time so that he no longer wears the race leader's jersey. All like the good domestique that he should be while competing in Contador's native land. No drama.:)

This brings to mind one year when Victor Hugo Pena somehow was in the Tour's leaders jersey for Postal after I believe their victory in the TTT and he was made to carry bottles stuffed in his leaders jersey in the following stage or stages. Somewhat of a controversy because Postal was being accused of disrespecting the race and the jersey. I personally thought that, if only for the one stage they should have shown the proper respect and treated Pena with the respect normally accorded the race leader. Seemed quite odd to see the race leader going back to the team car and then making his way back through the peloton with his yellow jersey loaded down with water bottles.

Angliru said:
Leipheimer works for Contador, pacing him up the climbs and releasing him to attack, then soft pedals the rest of the way, saving energy to repeat his domestique duties in upcoming stages. Consequently he loses enough time so that he no longer wears the race leader's jersey. All like the good domestique that he should be while competing in Contador's native land. No drama.:)

Cannot see why. Next finishes are mild climbs and AC has won the race twice already. He won't attack Levi but keep himself at the reserve just in case someone does. If eventually Levi wins, AC repays past and next work from him. No drama ;)

Yes, nice feed, shame about the pan flat course and the fact that the blasted thing didn't work, yesterday.
Game over at Castilla. No place to have a 28km TT, as there are less hills than normal.
Bertie or Levi: who cares? It'll probably be Contador, simply because he has the greater acceleration on the climb, but he might give the bone to LL, thinking ahead to bigger things...

Other news: Danilo Napolitano takes today's stage 1 a) of Fausto e Gino.:rolleyes:
The ITT stage 1b) is won by ISD.
Cancellara returns for Sexy Bank, but they finish well down.
Very wet course, so folks taking it easy.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I may have to swipe your avatar to use on another forum. I'm a huge Valverde fan.:)

Coincidentally, this picture was taken in 2008, climbing the Angliru... If you have any trouble finding it without a watermark, I can PM you a copy.

Bala Verde said:
Coincidentally, this picture was taken in 2008, climbing the Angliru... If you have any trouble finding it without a watermark, I can PM you a copy.

Thanks! I didn't realize it was from the Angliru stage from last year...that I never got to see:mad: and likely never will unless there's a dvd of the 2008 Vuelta out there somewhere. Anyone? Anyone?

TRENDING THREADS