• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cavendish: class of his own?

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
i laughed at it at the time but Cavendish got freakishly lucky. Ewan crashed, Sagan was hurt for the race, Merlier got time-cut (and got screwed by Alpecin choosing the wrong sprinter to protect after stage 3), Demare got cut and never looked good anyway, Cobrelli decided he was done with sprinting and he wanted to be a climber instead.

i mean there's always the QS juice but he's not exactly suddenly beating a world class sprinter field out of nowhere.

i laughed at it at the time but Cavendish got freakishly lucky. Ewan crashed, Sagan was hurt for the race, Merlier got time-cut (and got screwed by Alpecin choosing the wrong sprinter to protect after stage 3), Demare got cut and never looked good anyway, Cobrelli decided he was done with sprinting and he wanted to be a climber instead.

i mean there's always the QS juice but he's not exactly suddenly beating a world class sprinter field out of nowhere.

He did get over the mountains while guys like Demare and Bouhanni didn't, that's the thing. Last year finishing a one-day race was hard for him.

OK? just what did cav do to peak mid TDF .....since then he has not looked so good...
mountains would have taken off later speed.........but since he has not been flying so
fast

now at TOB even greipel outsprinted him?

will QS renew....or will cav move on...never to win again.....?

Mark L

I don't think QS will renew his contract. When Cav went to TdF and won it was like being born on third base and think you hit a triple.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts