• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cavendish without Renhshaw & co

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
Blythe is stepping up to Lotto, was on Davo and Konica Minolta, may be as fast as anyone,

then there are Bellis, Fenn, Christian, and perhaps the most talented rider of all the brits, Kennaugh. Certainly a golden era coming up.

Agree totally apart from Kennaugh, if you mean Peter his younger brother Tim has even more potential. Just had Dowsett (7th in U23 TT) join Livestrong although maybe not the best destination?

A

Anonymous

lanternrouge said:
Really? Did not know that Burke had such a kick. Where did you see that?

he is quick... but, if he where to switch to the road and change physically to cope with the demands of 130km stages day in day out, would he be as quick

i dont know, but the kid has a lot of promise..

and this is what people have to bear in mind with Sky... its not who they have now, but who they will have in the future...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
lanternrouge said:
Agree totally apart from Kennaugh, if you mean Peter his younger brother Tim has even more potential. Just had Dowsett (7th in U23 TT) join Livestrong although maybe not the best destination?

I knew about Tim, because was looking at Isle of Man taking a fair few gold in the Commonwealth Games if Cav will ride. They could win teams pursuit, madison, points, scratch, and rr depending on what riders the Australians and NZ and English put on the velodrome.

Dont rate Dowsett. Thought if Brailford took Stannard and Thomas in the worlds u23 tt champs they would have won a few medals. Dowsett and Hampton do not have the class of the others.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
keen to see what Cummings can do when he has the best program. Most likely will sneak into a Tour squad if he continues his upward improvement.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
Stapleton is the owner. How much input does an owner have, unless he is owner Director? I would have thought he mostly signs off on others decisions.

PS I hope Goss is used as more than just a man for lead outs, I see him as a very accomplished classics rider in the future. Only 23 years old.

+1
3rd at Gent Wevelgem this year. Impressive results for a 23 year old.

TRENDING THREADS