• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cavendish's rivals out to destroy him, HTC-Columbia DS claims

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I can believe this but not for the reasons in the article but instead to protect themselves.

With his crap for brains riding style... along with some other sprinters... one can hardly blame other sprinters to try to get into his head (so-to-speak) but found that there was nothing in there.

With his terrible behavior it's no wonder he's being shunned.

Jus say'n

ericthesportsman6 said:
Do we really need another thread on Cav's behavior? This is getting ridiculous.

This would have gotten lost in the ramblings of the other threads. At any rate, it's not about his behavior, but comments from one of his DS.

Considering how Cavendish behaved after alleged dangerous sprinting from a (Skil-Shimano?) rider last year, I think it's perfectly reasonable that he is now on the receiving end.

However the "out to destroy him" comment smacks of narcissism. Chances are the other riders are more focused on winning the race, surviving to the finish or just making it over the next climb. Thinking someone is out to get you is more a reflection of you own ego than anything else.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ericthesportsman6 said:

Have to agree with Eric - yet ANOTHER thread dedicated to this arrogant guy. Can we not send him on a bike handling course somewhere and combine all these threads into one ?

I remember when he won his first few ProTour races. He seemed so surprised and enthusiastic. Now he's just a pompous jerk. And it's not just the fans but also his peers that think so. There are many others who have enjoyed enormous success at a young age (Boonen springs to mind) who aren't jerks.

Stapleton will do anything to keep his wunderkind happy lest he leave for Sky. So it's no surprise that High Horse defends Frodo.

A

Anonymous

Yes AND no..

ericthesportsman6 said:

YES I want to see as many threads on any topic anyone wants to start, without any boozoo whining that we don't need it.... UNLESS of course boozoo starts a thread about how we don't need it.

NO the thread is not ridiculous. What IS ridiculous is some trumped up little bike rider who has a good season or two acting like his shyte don't smell and he can do or say whatever he pleases AND the rest of the world can't tell him what a moronic midget he is....

clear?

May 22, 2010
Visit site
La Vie Claire said:
Stapleton will do anything to keep his wunderkind happy lest he leave for Sky. So it's no surprise that High Horse defends Frodo.
agreed. they seem to be treating him like some sort of movie star, convincing him that the world is out of focus and not to adjust his reception. this can only end badly.

It's sprinting at 70k/h not a ride in the part you don't have time for nicities, sure he made a misstake but it happens, it's sprinting. And as far a the no brains think well thats just snobbery, he just says what he thinks thats all.

A

Anonymous

Another stupid comment from the team that brought you the infamous quote comparing the Tour of California to the three GT's.

I'm thinking Haussler would disagree with the HTC/Columbia DS. Haussler would tell you that Cav IS destroying the other sprinters... literally.

I would like to hear the comments from Cavendish himself, instead we are getting lots of judgements from people who don't have all the facts.
Should be a great tour, lots of stress and surprises. Let the best man win.

ericthesportsman6 said:

Actually the thread isn't about Cavendish's behaviour but about one of his DS' response to the supposed behaviour of his competitors as it regards Cavendish.

If there was some conspiracy to "destroy" Cavendish, I would have thought that evidence of it would have surfaced prior to his recent reckless antics. As long as his management minimizes the impact of his behaviour on and off the bike, the more he will be encouraged to continue and to maintain the current adolescent and selfish attitude that has been a constant.

yellow jersey said:
I would like to hear the comments from Cavendish himself, instead we are getting lots of judgements from people who don't have all the facts.
Should be a great tour, lots of stress and surprises. Let the best man win.

What facts does one need when it's all on video for the world to see? Cavendish has spoken about the matter and of course he see's himself as only partially responsible and not at all apologetic to those whose seasons he threatened. His primary concern was his own injuries not those that his actions caused which is consistent with his modus operandi.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
YES I want to see as many threads on any topic anyone wants to start, without any boozoo whining that we don't need it.... UNLESS of course boozoo starts a thread about how we don't need it.

NO the thread is not ridiculous. What IS ridiculous is some trumped up little bike rider who has a good season or two acting like his shyte don't smell and he can do or say whatever he pleases AND the rest of the world can't tell him what a moronic midget he is....

clear?

Don't insult me when your not even capable of spelling bozo correctly. Also, I don't think Cavendish's actions are ok; I just wish that we could combine all these threads into one.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
ericthesportsman6 said:
Don't insult me when your not even capable of spelling bozo correctly. Also, I don't think Cavendish's actions are ok; I just wish that we could combine all these threads into one.

Don't insult someone about his spelling, if you can't seem to do it without making spelling errors of your own. ;)

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
Don't insult someone about his spelling, if you can't seem to do it without making spelling errors of your own. ;)

Thanks for the support, but I don't mind the insult. I spell badly in English, Hindi, Urdu and Persian. I follow the words of Dr. Johnson who said, "The ability to spell a word only one way is a sign of ignorance."

1q4jfk.jpg

I feel bad about maligning an icon from my youth, however.

The use of "your" ( a possessive pronoun) in place of "you're" ( a contraction of "you are") is a more serious offense.

back to bikes....

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
However the "out to destroy him" comment smacks of narcissism. Chances are the other riders are more focused on winning the race, surviving to the finish or just making it over the next climb. Thinking someone is out to get you is more a reflection of you own ego than anything else.

Haussler certainly was.
But the way cavendouche glanced over to his left then made the big swerve -- instead of keeping his head down and riding straight -- makes me think he was focused on "destroying" the other riders (esp. Haussler on that occasion).

But what do I know, I'm no pro.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
Thanks for the support, but I don't mind the insult. I spell badly in English, Hindi, Urdu and Persian. I follow the words of Dr. Johnson who said, "The ability to spell a word only one way is a sign of ignorance."

I feel bad about maligning an icon from my youth, however.

The use of "your" ( a possessive pronoun) in place of "you're" ( a contraction of "you are") is a more serious offense.

back to bikes....

I didn't really mean to help you, but that is one spelling mistake I really dislike, same with the use of of instead of have and the use of u instead of you. But Lord knows I make enough mistakes, but this time I really found it funny that someone is insulting someone else his spelling, while making a mistake themselve.

BTW, please make the clown go away, if there is one thing I hate :p

Back to cycling: This comment shows why Cav won't change his behaviour as long as he remains at HTC, they do not point it out to him and make excuses for him. This way the behaviour only will become more out of control, as no-one really makes him feel the consequences of his actions

TRENDING THREADS