• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cav's jersey...

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
...had a red white blue stripe below his main front panel. I don't think other HTC team mates had this feature. Can someone tell me if this is a 'trophy' he is entiled to?
Note: am only just getting to grips with the the 'championship flashes' on arms and understanding the various 'insignia' so please be gentle?
cheers
Badge

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think the Tri-colour was for the riders that rode the centenary edition on the Giro. I remember reading something saying all the team were presented with a jersey.

And if Cav had won a championship on the track he can't wear the jearsey, or the piping even, on the road. You can only wear championship colours in the events in which you won.

woodie said:
I think the Tri-colour was for the riders that rode the centenary edition on the Giro. I remember reading something saying all the team were presented with a jersey.

And if Cav had won a championship on the track he can't wear the jearsey, or the piping even, on the road. You can only wear championship colours in the events in which you won.
He wouldn't get to wear the jersey, but I'm not sure about the piping. Rasmussen for example wore ex-world champion colours (from his MTB days), and I think I remember seeing a former u23 world champion wearing them once he turned pro (but I don't recall who it was; I do recall former junior world champion Miguel Morrás wearing them when he turned amateur).

Ok, Berksbadger here is the exact same answer from the Bikeradar forums for the exact same question you asked over there:

They all did!

It was just for the tdf (the french flag...)

tour2010preshtccolumbia.jpg

They did summink similar for the Giro -

giro10st09-yahoo.jpg

Edit: funny thing is though, you asked the question over there, got an answer two minutes later, and then waited 9 hours then posted the question here:confused:

May 27, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
He wouldn't get to wear the jersey, but I'm not sure about the piping. Rasmussen for example wore ex-world champion colours (from his MTB days), and I think I remember seeing a former u23 world champion wearing them once he turned pro (but I don't recall who it was; I do recall former junior world champion Miguel Morrás wearing them when he turned amateur).

Yeah that always confused me. The jearsey is a no no but im not 100% on the piping...

TRENDING THREADS