• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cav's new nickname should be.....

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Wiesmier said:
Eaoch.

Any more suggestions?

I'm not even sure what the first suggestion means and I can't find it in the dictionary. Could you enlighten me or at least give me a hint whether you're insulting or praising Cavendish. :confused:

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I still have no idea what the OPs proposal means so I have no clue weather it fails, but I'm bored so I'll propose a few.

The Manx Mouth.

The Loose Canon. (works better in Danish where the expression is "a loose missile")

But really this thread would have worked much better before Cavendish started winning again - very inconsiderate of him.

Hmm, guys, Google?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitterland
According to Manx legend, Baron Kitter's hunting had wiped out the animals of the Calf, and the people of Mann were afraid he would begin hunting their own beasts. They asked the wisest witches of the island to help them. While Baron Kitter was on the Calf, his cook Eaoch of the Loud Voice fell asleep. The witch Ada put a spell on the pot so that it boiled over, setting the castle on fire. Kitter's friends, who had stayed on the Calf, decided that Eaoch had plotted with the witch to kill off the Norwegians and had him brought before the Norwegian King Olaf, who sentenced him to death. Norwegian custom allowed him to choose the manner of his death, so Eaoch said he wished to have his head laid across the King's legs and cut off with the King's own sword. This sword Macabuin, made by Loan Maclibuin the Dark Smith of Drontheim, could cut the hardest granite just by touching it. The Norwegians begged the King to refuse, but he would not break his word and gave orders to proceed. However, the witch Ada was there, and told them to lay nine times nine toads' skins, cuirn tree twigs and adders' eggs across the King's legs. When the sword was laid gently on Eaoch's neck, it instantly cut it off, and cut through the adders' eggs and the cuirn tree twigs as well - only the toads' skins saved the King's leg.
I think this means Hushovd will destroy Cav?

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what it is about cycling - when we have a star we like to give them the Brittany Spears treatment. Eg Merckx, who used to get dissed, badly, and vociferously. Ditto LeMond (whom I actually remember, can't say I remember Merckx's actual racing days). Now we have Cav, a fine and talented young man, and he's got a bit of spirit. I'd like to see him get that under control, and it seems he's doing just that. I remain a fan of the Manx Missile.

hiero2 said:
I don't know what it is about cycling - when we have a star we like to give them the Brittany Spears treatment. Eg Merckx, who used to get dissed, badly, and vociferously. Ditto LeMond (whom I actually remember, can't say I remember Merckx's actual racing days). Now we have Cav, a fine and talented young man, and he's got a bit of spirit. I'd like to see him get that under control, and it seems he's doing just that. I remain a fan of the Manx Missile.

He talks himself up, talks down his teammate, has a toothache and can't race, then cries when he finally wins something.

He's a brilliant example to us all.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
He talks himself up, talks down his teammate, has a toothache and can't race, then cries when he finally wins something.

He's a brilliant example to us all.

He also forgets how to turn when there is a corner but hasn't forgot how to cause a crash.

New nickname? Howz 'bout...

The Manx Mayhem!

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
hiero2 said:

agreed. What you have on the forums are a whole lot of wannabe's, a whole lot of 'never were's' and a good sprinkling of couch hardmen.

You have morons saying that he can't ride who themselves wouldn't keep up with him when Cav is riding recovery pace.

Reality is the guy is the best and fastest sprinter in the world. yeah he is cocky but so what. No different from Robbie Mac and Cippolini before him. I've rarely met a humble sprinter. Cav is humble where is matters; in thanking the guys who set him up for the win. I don't care what he says about the chances of other riders against him, it's all part of the game. Yes he still has a lot to learn but that just makes his current performances even more impressive and he has a superb mentor in Zabel. At the end of the day losers always like to slag off winners and we get a lot of that on here.

TRENDING THREADS