• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig is the first - and only - Cille

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And now she's a TdF stage winner!

51177e5b-f850-4e75-a1e3-6f756c02ecda.jpg
Now that’s how to do a national team jersey

I saw the result before I could watch the stage (I'm Australian, so don't shoot me) and automatically assumed that it was a good race based on the winner, basically because it would need to be an entertaining race for her skillset.

Awesome result for Cille and women's cycling

Reactions: Leinster
The Danes are upset about the criticism of Uttrup Ludwig in a recent podcast, put forward by Ellen van Dijk and Roxanne Knetemann.

Personally, I think it makes sense, at least when it comes to her extremely defensive way of riding. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind if she was a bit more of a bully than what her always so happy interviews indicate.

Reactions: Monte Serra
The Danes are upset about the criticism of Uttrup Ludwig in a recent podcast, put forward by Ellen van Dijk and Roxanne Knetemann.

Personally, I think it makes sense, at least when it comes to her extremely defensive way of riding. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind if she was a bit more of a bully than what her always so happy interviews indicate.
Criticism of wheelsucking is valid. Though CUL is not on trek or sd worx (or ned or ita national teams) and often more isolated than other big names. But the whole, she is loud and whining and NOBODY likes her reeks of high school and maybe a bit of envy of her popularity. I hope they remember to gossip about about how Wiebes is an actual danger to the peloton in their next pod instead of someone whose personality they don’t like.

Reactions: Andy262

"The Danes"?

What on earth are you talking about?

A couple of newspapers has reported the quote, far below the fold, without offering an opinion on it, and as far as I can see, there is - at most - 2-3 SoMe posts on it.

Please stop creating drama where there is none... it makes it seem like you are gossiping while getting your hair done :rolleyes:

The criticism is absolutely valid - And it cost her in Strade when she waited and waited and waited before trying to bridge across to Vollering and Kopecky.

Criticism of wheelsucking is valid. Though CUL is not on trek or sd worx (or ned or ita national teams) and often more isolated than other big names. But the whole, she is loud and whining and NOBODY likes her reeks of high school and maybe a bit of envy of her popularity. I hope they remember to gossip about about how Wiebes is an actual danger to the peloton in their next pod instead of someone whose personality they don’t like.

I have already posted that Wiebes is a dangerous rider in the peleton - And she has a more dangerous rider in Guarischi leading her out.

Reactions: F_Cance
I agree with some of the criticism here, but It should also be added that Cille has burned her matches too early in the past and has paid for it. You obviouly can't be friends with everyone either, especially not if you want to be at the top, and she defintiely isn't the only one in the peloton who's guilty of not fully cooperating all the time.

I don't mind the comments about wheelsucking, some riders gets more annoyed with it then others. But it's still racing. The comments about her being unlikable in peloton were crossing the line though. Kind of in bad taste. I always love her interviews and happy character.

But she also seems to bring out emotions among her cycling colleagues, and for Trek-Segafredo rider Ellen van Dijk and Dutch former cyclist Roxanne Knetemann, feelings about the Dane are not exactly positive: "She's always on wheels, she's always waiting. People think she's great in the media, but among the riders... Nobody likes her", says van Dijk according to Wieler Revue.
35-year-old Roxanne Knetemann also has many seasons at the top level behind her.The latter is also not a fan of the Dane. "She is such an annoying rider. She always has to shout and scream."

More (in Danish)

• Wow
Reactions: Monte Serra
It's definitely not like you never hear male riders complain about each other either. Michael Mørkøv have for instance made it quite clear that he doesn't like Sagan and Guarnieri, De Gendt accused Colbrelli of infecting everyone with Covid in Paris-Nice last year, and Jumbo Visma riders have both criticised and been criticised by others for their riding and behaviour in the peloton.

Edited by mod

Hey not everyone shares that opinion. I'm certain there are people in the mens peloton who are equally without filter, if not worse, even physical with each other. This is just the case of two riders having a problem with Cecilie and "airing it out" in public, which is uncool.

Don't let the haters get to you. But let's stay on topic, this is a Cecilie thread , let's not make it bad.

View: https://twitter.com/RondeVlaanderen/status/1641862929749516288

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: acm
Wow that's some good gossip that I missed , what did Morkou say about Guanieri and Sagan?thanks mate

He's repeatedly accused Sagan of dangerous riding in Danish media, but it also seems like they didn't exactly have the best working relationship when they were teammates at Saxo-Tinkoff.

In his memoirs, Mørkøv says Guarnieri felt entitled to be Kristoff's no. 1 leadout man at Katusha and behaved like a small boy (I'm paraphrasing) when Mørkøv, in his own words, proved to be a much better rider.

TRENDING THREADS