• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CERA at the Giro '08

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Wait.....

just had an epiphany...

this means they now have Contador's blood......it's just a question of DNA matching it to the blood bags from Puerto and.....

*politically correct mode*
Now they can definitely clear him (cough)
*/politically correct mode*

What do people think, if guys are busted, will their teams still be allowed to compete in the Tour. My fear is a few biggies could be busted leaving the way open at the Tour for you know who.

Why are Barloworld, Fuji-Servetto not invited to the Tour this year but Liquigas are, not very logical or fair I think, maybe this has been discussed before my time on here. Apologies if so.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm beginning not to care about this crap. :confused:

Wouldn't it be easier to just give them all the CERA they want and let em race.

The only loss would be one french newspaper. :D

Just a thought

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
He (AC) was the only one who could follow Rasmussen and vice versa. Although Rasmussen never failed a test, he was sacked for a 'technicality', many seem (rightfully) to believe he was hiding something and must have been on something else than his bike.

He (AC) was also an equal/sometimes better/sometimes just a little less climber as/than Ricco during the Giro. We all know Ricco was on something, during the TdF. So he might have been on something during that Giro as well, like Sella.

Since EPO/CERA is said to have an enormous impact on your capacity, which would mean that no one can really follow unless you are using the same, can we infer that AC was using doping?

I guess we will find out soon?

Bala Verde said:
He (AC) was the only one who could follow Rasmussen and vice versa. Although Rasmussen never failed a test, he was sacked for a 'technicality', many seem (rightfully) to believe he was hiding something and must have been on something else than his bike.

He (AC) was also an equal/sometimes better/sometimes just a little less climber as/than Ricco during the Giro. We all know Ricco was on something, during the TdF. So he might have been on something during that Giro as well, like Sella.

Since EPO/CERA is said to have an enormous impact on your capacity, which would mean that no one can really follow unless you are using the same, can we infer that AC was using doping?

I guess we will find out soon?

I don't think so. It could happen since Fuentes was recommending CERA. Former Liberty Seguros riders may have continued to use it. But the smarter teams are probably careful with what methods they use. They may be limiting themselves to transfusions before the race and maybe a top off during the race.

Bala Verde said:

Sure, along with the majority of other top riders is the most likely, if cynical answer. I'd like to think that's not the case, but I'm not naive. I watch the racing with blinders on, and in the big picture hope, and somewhat believe, that things are getting better, racing is cleaner, if only a little, and over time we'll return to a time like the 1970s and 80's when drugs were not heavily used, and those that were used had a relatively minimal impact, unlike blood boosters and O2 carriers like today.

Tests on Rasmussen later showed to in all likelihood contain Dynepo, but as there is no true test for Dynepo, no sanctions were applied to him. However, after the Biopure incident, then this, I don't think anyone on earth is naive enough to think he was riding clean.

Rumour has it that Sella has told them who's samples are likely to be positive, so that should narrow the field of speculation down, somewhat.
Undoubtably, as Giro winner, ALL of AC's samples will be tested, but I doubt he'll be netted. That sort of thing just doesn't happen to JB's men....
....well, unless he's in need of getting rid of someone, on the cheap.