• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Cervelo Test Team = **** clowns

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
Sheltowee said:
It might be political because he's been training in Colorado with Armstrong and Leipheimer--and Armstrong may be recruiting him for the Nike thing next year. Could have something to do with Sastre and his hoped for glory and the possibility that he might be outclassed by the Aussie? Too bad, he could have been interesting at the Tour with Saxo Bank's Schlecks and all the Astana crew.

That was my first thought.
 
Apr 16, 2009
394
0
0
Visit site
The Colnago Kid said:
SBS cycling commentator Mike Tomalaris has some interesting insights into what has been going on behind the scenes at Cervelo, including the omission of Gerro from the Tour team http://trunc.it/kmxw

That quite a good article by Mike Tomalaris. Thanks for the link. Some of the respondents to MT's article called for a boycott of Cervelo bikes which is perhaps taking protests a bit too far. I suspected Sastre might have played some part in the decision to dump Gerrans having read that he had a few run ins with Riis at CSC over who should be the number one rider.
 
Jul 23, 2009
4
0
0
Visit site
video at http://www.cervelo.com/
1.20

"The plan for this giro is the gc. The team is gonna give him the support he needs. Of course if there's an option for a stage win (for Simon for example), he can go for that. ..."

I thought it was rather ****ty to
1) Take a potential stage win from a cyclist.
2) Blame Sastre for the decision. (it's his job to decide)
3) Blame Pauwels for making his error visible.

And now it became clear he doesn't know what he want himself. I wouldn't want to have a director I can't trust. :(



Does anyone know why Gerrans couldn't ride the tour btw. :(
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
Visit site
GDVSSN said:
video at http://www.cervelo.com/
1.20

"The plan for this giro is the gc. The team is gonna give him the support he needs. Of course if there's an option for a stage win (for Simon for example), he can go for that. ..."

I thought it was rather ****ty to
1) Take a potential stage win from a cyclist.
2) Blame Sastre for the decision. (it's his job to decide)
3) Blame Pauwels for making his error visible.

And now it became clear he doesn't know what he want himself. I wouldn't want to have a director I can't trust. :(



Does anyone know why Gerrans couldn't ride the tour btw. :(

they wanted stage wins in italy, they got 'em. the wanted green in the tour, they got it.
effing clowns.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
People have absolutely no idea whatsoever what kind of form Gerrans is in.
Yet they "know" for a fact that Cervélo's highly experienced managers who are in on several variables have made a stupid mistake.

And of course these very knowledgeable people are of the same nationality as the rider they're boasting about...how surprising.

Who are the clowns here, again?

If you're going to call something like that, prepare to be shot down hard if Gerrans turns out to be completely anonymous in the classics he'll ride instead of the Vuelta.
 
Jul 27, 2009
496
0
0
Visit site
He placed second in the first stage of the Tour of Denmark, and eighth in the TT in the Vuelta A Burgos.

Not world-beating, but I wouldn't have thought that either result suggests a rider who's out of form.
 
Mar 11, 2009
1,005
0
0
Visit site
Does Cervelo mean Gerrans in some foreign language, becuase if not WTF? Its nice he finished top 10 in each of the hilly classics (w/o anyone knowing it if they didn't check the results and cross-match them) and took some stages in breakaways but so what? Though admittedly other than nationality aside why was Inigo Cuesta in the Tour other than to be first man dropped on the final mountain, certainly Gerrans could have managed better than that.;)

I don't know how seriously to take the start lists that have Leipheimer and Vino as reserves, it all just guesstimating at this point.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
they also wanted yellow and had an epic fail.

Cervélo never had any serious hopes at competing for yellow in the tour. Sastre already completed his goal for the season by taking a podium spot in the Giro after Di Lucas chaeting. He was only in the giro to represent as the reigning champion and to try to see how far his legs could carry him. It's evident from their line up that their main goal was for green and not yellow.
 
I've always been bothered by the asterisks in the title of this thread. "**** clowns"? What is that? What four letter word is that masking? f*ck? sh*t? I've never really heard either of those used as a prefix for clown. (But they're both kinda funny.) I always read the title as *ss clowns, but there's that fourth asterisk, defying me. What can it mean? :confused:

These are the things that keep me up at night. :(
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
I've always been bothered by the asterisks in the title of this thread. "**** clowns"? What is that? What four letter word is that masking? f*ck? sh*t? I've never really heard either of those used as a prefix for clown. (But they're both kinda funny.) I always read the title as *ss clowns, but there's that fourth asterisk, defying me. What can it mean? :confused:

These are the things that keep me up at night. :(

The word starts with A. 4 letter word in the UK, 3 letter word in the USA...it refers to your behind...

I've heard the expression before
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
1
0
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
Oh right! Bit ethnocentric of me. I forgot about *rse.

This got me thinking.... the thread was almost certainly started by an Aussie, since it was about Gerrans being left out of the tour squad. But for the life of me, I can't remember if it is "ass" or "arse" in Australia. It is starting to drive me crazy. I guess I have been in the US too long. :eek:

Oh well, I guess I have something to ask my parents when I call home this weekend... :p
 
Cobber said:
This got me thinking.... the thread was almost certainly started by an Aussie, since it was about Gerrans being left out of the tour squad. But for the life of me, I can't remember if it is "ass" or "arse" in Australia. It is starting to drive me crazy. I guess I have been in the US too long. :eek:

Oh well, I guess I have something to ask my parents when I call home this weekend... :p

Probably becoming more "***" ...

But still "****" I think ... "Get off your bloody ****!"
 
Jul 23, 2009
4
0
0
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
they wanted stage wins in italy, they got 'em. the wanted green in the tour, they got it.
effing clowns.
Oh, they've got great, strong cyclists! Hushovd, Haussler, Gerrans, Sastre etc.

It's just the management that's inept.
The point of cycling (and sports in general) is winning as much as possible. It's not because they happen to have strong riders who win races that the sport directors become competent. They could have won so much more.

Imo going for the gc in the Giro with Sastre is one of those weird decisions, leaving Gerrans out of the tour-team another one. Leaving him out of the vuelta squad (preperation fot the word championships) another one. + The Pauwels embarrassment...
 
Jul 28, 2009
333
0
0
Visit site
In retrospect with Cav's dominance of the sprints Gerrans could have been quite successful on some of the joke-stages designed in the hope that some Frenchmen would win in a breakaway.