• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

cervelo

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
i have seen a few comments by cervelo riders/staff that will be doing other teams teamtalks for them, like van poppel saying cav will have to win more than 6 stages to win green, hammond saying they have a far superior classics teams for them, and have seen a couple of others but cant remember where. theres one thing saying positive things, but your building yourself up for a crash landing now if they dont win green or win a classic

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Highlander said:
Doesn't everyone build themselves up this time of year? What do you expect, for teams to say that we are so much worst than last year and that we don't stand a chance to win any races?

by all means build yourself up but not by saying team x is xxxx or team y is that. all the relevant teams will need for motivation is a copy of said quotes pinned to the bus window while doing team talk

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i agree with the basis of the thread but I have to add this: At this level of cycling, much of their season and racing involves a great deal of strategy, as a hollistic unit, and competing against other teams. Similar to how football teams watch video of past games of their own team as well as others, im sure that there is a great deal of discussion within the cervelo camp (as well as others) on coming up with the best way to ride the races that lie ahead and how best to compete against their "rivals".
all that being said though, at the end of the day, you talk with the legs.

TRENDING THREADS