• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CFA final blog post ever

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
"Most people here I'd imagine have read it from time to time. It was a great source. Such a shame, but greatly understandable."

A great source for what? A blog is not news but someones opinion. I would also argue that cycling is more popular than it has ever been in it's history, more fans worldwide and growing.

cyclestationgiuseppe said:
"Most people here I'd imagine have read it from time to time. It was a great source. Such a shame, but greatly understandable."

A great source for what? A blog is not news but someones opinion. I would also argue that cycling is more popular than it has ever been in it's history, more fans worldwide and growing.

Real information on cycling and doping. Maybe you should read it before you pass judgements, because you'd see that it far more than a blog.

And would you care to back up any of your claims about cycling being more popular than ever? Because in Europe, the home of cycling, many would disagree with you. Most people in Europe see through the bullsh** that surrounds certain comebacks and know it's not good for the sport.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site

Did you ever actually read the blog?

CFA would collect articles and information from all over the world of cycling in a variety of languages. With limited American news sources CFA was a great resource for fans who wanted a more complete idea of the sport. Some did not like this as it conflicts with the myth they had been fed.

A

Anonymous

Most people who have very little knowledge about cycling would conclude what you do regarding that site.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
and oddly enough...

While the link still works if you had it marked somewhere, CN has miraculously removed "Armstrong's Blood values Debated" from the Sept 10 headline digest. It's all part of the landslide of b.s. that I think finally broke CFA.

CFA was timely and necessary. It was a global link dump connecting several countries' media that went well outside what we get here in the US - Lance mania and a turn of the head. It's sad he's seen enough to make him stop writing. I guess we all have, but he was in a position to walk away and did so.

He cites too much pain. Don't you feel it? All the same platitudes and the same tarnished names still getting to ride now and soon. Armstrong, Vino, Ricco (next year) Valverde, Basso, etc etc etc.....with all the same excuses.

It's obvious we're the new professional wrestling, and it finally got to CFA.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
I think you are all a bunch of whiners who get beat every week by some guy on a Schwinn hybrid, so you come here to vent because you just are not very fast!!

Gimme a break....first and foremost, doping in cycling...ahem I mean doping in all sports has been going on since somebody first offered one almighty dollar for a result. I am pretty sure Anquetil had something to take. Babe Ruth drank beer. Bonds did roids...15 million a year is a lot of pardon the pun, JUICE!!

I also think cheating is bad for any sport, referees betting on NBA games, Barroid Bonds, Clemens etc etc. The reality is we are a sports hero driven society and regardless of what someone does or does not do, we have reached a point where every winner will be questioned whether or not they are "clean". Big time wrestling? Maybe, but I would rather watch Vino, Basso, Armstrong, et al race than watch myself crash in the final turn of the local crit (or watch you for that matter) If they are all dopers, then someone is still better than someone else.
You people are all obsessed, I say get over it and enjoy the race, if not, pick a clean sport to go and watch if you can find one.....maybe pee wee baseball or Dog frisbee is for you.
Cycling is a beautiful sport and a great lifestyle, enjoy it instead of moaning about it.....
I think I will go a ride my bike....what a f***ing concept!!

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I think you are all a bunch of whiners who get beat every week by some guy on a Schwinn hybrid, so you come here to vent because you just are not very fast!!

Gimme a break....first and foremost, doping in cycling...ahem I mean doping in all sports has been going on since somebody first offered one almighty dollar for a result. I am pretty sure Anquetil had something to take. Babe Ruth drank beer. Bonds did roids...15 million a year is a lot of pardon the pun, JUICE!!

I also think cheating is bad for any sport, referees betting on NBA games, Barroid Bonds, Clemens etc etc. The reality is we are a sports hero driven society and regardless of what someone does or does not do, we have reached a point where every winner will be questioned whether or not they are "clean". Big time wrestling? Maybe, but I would rather watch Vino, Basso, Armstrong, et al race than watch myself crash in the final turn of the local crit (or watch you for that matter) If they are all dopers, then someone is still better than someone else.
You people are all obsessed, I say get over it and enjoy the race, if not, pick a clean sport to go and watch if you can find one.....maybe pee wee baseball or Dog frisbee is for you.
Cycling is a beautiful sport and a great lifestyle, enjoy it instead of moaning about it.....
So I wonder how big a looser you have to be, to actually spent time whinning about complete strangers percieved whining?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site

If it was to do with jealousy then I probably would be jealous of you.
No - PED abuse in sport is not about the cheating, it is because it forces all the riders to abuse drugs that could cause them a lot of harm or even kill them.

I agree with your sentiments that cycling is a beautiful sport and a great lifestyle.....which is why I prefer it to be cleaned up rather than a scientists playground.

I too am about to hop on my bike for a couple of hours - I hope you have a safe ride.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Touche'
You have to be a HUGE loser to whine about others whining...yet it is still fun!!

and as long as there is $$$$ involved there will be someone (when I say someone I mean everyone) who will cheat.

A

Anonymous

You have absolutely no idea just how cliche your post is, do you?

A

Anonymous

Touche'
You have to be a HUGE loser to whine about others whining...yet it is still fun!!

and as long as there is $$$$ involved there will be someone (when I say someone I mean everyone) who will cheat.

And that means we should just accept it? Maybe, but I right now I will continue to whine, thanks.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
My post may be Cliche' but you are reading and responding to it...and yes you should just accept it. Doping in sports is here to stay...just like doping in life is here to stay too....take a pill and you can determine your childs, height, sex, weight, eye and hair color and how fast he/she rides up Alpe D Huez...

Exactly how would you propose we clean up any sport? and then you can tell me how to solve world hunger, overcrowded prisons, the moral breakdown of humanity etc....

are you there god?

where is my testosterone cream?

Let's just turn a blind eye to everything so like yourself and live in a fantasy world. Good luck with that.
And as TFF points out, your first line is so predictable and cliched. It's the universal response from Lance fans. People who point out that doping exists and don't want to celebrate dopers winning, get castigated and treated as 'losers who are too lazy to ride.'

Have you even read the blog in question?

A

Anonymous

My post may be Cliche' but you are reading and responding to it...and yes you should just accept it. Doping in sports is here to stay...just like doping in life is here to stay too....take a pill and you can determine your childs, height, sex, weight, eye and hair color and how fast he/she rides up Alpe D Huez...

Exactly how would you propose we clean up any sport? and then you can tell me how to solve world hunger, overcrowded prisons, the moral breakdown of humanity etc....

are you there god?

I forgot the maxim "Since it will never be eradicated or fixed, just quit caring." Dang, make sure to teach your kids that loser mentality.

See, I am all growed up now and figured out that just because a particular problem in society will always be present, that does not mean that efforts to improve the situation will be unfruitful.

You are just a quitter. Its okay, the world needs people like you. You will substitute an image of life for the real thing every time.

A

Anonymous

I can't have kids because my nads are so shriveled from all the roids!!

That problem will be reversed if you just quit.

I have read the blog....has anyone ever read this? It took me a while to decipher it in brail.

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MjI0NQ&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=MzQxNzI&

Bread and water is all you get if you want to race clean....better make sure that bread is Organic and the water is from a French artisan well.

No, you are allowed steak and shrimp too. You can also train and drink Red Bull.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
00075403.jpg

Here is next years "clean" TDF winner....he unfortunately has to ride alone since no one else can pass a drug test.

I personally have no problem with your feeling the way you do. My question is simply why if you've decided that clean honest competition is not something you are interested in you have bothered to stick your stupid head into the clinic in the first place.
Just because you have been able to rationalise that doping in sports is here to stay doesn't mean that everyone is able to that, and it doesn't mean it is the right approach either. But mostly it doesn't give you any right at all to slam all the real fans who are willing to take the time to try to learn what really goes on in an attempt to make the sport better.

are you there god?

There are plenty of threads about it in this forum, you should take the time to read them before coming across as so aggressive :)

It's all well and good coming in and being a bit of a *** (each to their own) but at least take the time to read all of the "whining".

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site

are you there god?

You are right, quitting is so much easier then trying to solve the problem.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
You are right, quitting is so much easier then trying to solve the problem.

Yea, its always easier to quit and say you could never have won anyway than it is to do what you are capable of and hope for better outcomes.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Real information on cycling and doping. Maybe you should read it before you pass judgements, because you'd see that it far more than a blog.

And would you care to back up any of your claims about cycling being more popular than ever? Because in Europe, the home of cycling, many would disagree with you. Most people in Europe see through the bullsh** that surrounds certain comebacks and know it's not good for the sport.

Cycling is coming a global sport. I see that it is booming in Australia and ratings have increased with the tdf every year. It'll go backwards if someone like armstrong tests positive

TRENDING THREADS