• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chance to Be a Pro: Would You or Wouldn't You?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Would you dope?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Caffeine, creatine, protein powders etc are yesterdays doping products. Part of improving the science, is to push the boundaries. I for one, would (and have) take substances to improve my abilities to recover from efforts.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:
Caffeine, creatine, protein powders etc are yesterdays doping products. Part of improving the science, is to push the boundaries. I for one, would (and have) take substances to improve my abilities to recover from efforts.

You're not standing on top of the podium all puffed up as if you did it yourself

though?:confused:

TeamSkyFans said:
I would take a couple of days worth of anti-biotics and then not take the rest.

As an off the point aside, the above is an irresponsible thing to do. Either don't take the anti-biotics or take the whole course. Never start taking them and then stop before your prescribed course is complete.

You run a sizeable risk of the symptoms returning because you haven't killed off the infection. You also help create anti-biotic resistance in the bacteria causing the illness.

[Edited to add: I see someone got there before me]

Breaking news shocka ! ! !

A recent internet poll conducted on a forum with a highly moral anti-doping slant has "suprisingly" returned a poll verdict that most pollers would be against taking dope to turn pro

[gets up off floor and gets drink of water to recover from condition of amazement] :rolleyes:

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I think in this day and age the question is posed well before the top pro rank is reached.

Back in the 90s, when I was living in Italy doing nothing by racing my bike and dreaming of a chance to move into the professional ranks, I was more or less promised a slot on a team in the "Baby Giro" if I took "Two Special Vitamin Shots a week".

I seriously thought about it for about a week.

I ultimately declined.

But I'm embarrassed to admit that I seriously thought about it. I had quite the staunch anti-doping stance even to the point that I had founded a team in the US called Team Drug Free (it was team where we did the mid Atlantic races). But I thought about it.

After that experience, I think I can understand the temptation and I don't really feel it fair for me to harshly judge those who do make the choice to dope. All I can fairly say is doping wasn't the right choice for me.

TRENDING THREADS