Changing tire sizes?

Jan 13, 2021
New to biking and I only know the tires my bike came with. They are Terevail Sparwoods. Unfortunately Terevail says they don't have any Sparwoods and it's going to be a while before they do. I'm looking at the Terevail Washburn, which probably makes more sense for me since I ride almost all road and no gravel, but they are slightly smaller tires, and I'm not sure what difference it might make. Sparwoods are 27.5 x 2.1, and the Washburns are 47mm. Any thoughts on changing sizes?

Thanks.

Feb 23, 2017
Why are you so dialed into just that brand of tires? There are all sorts of brands of tires out there that have that size range. There is nothing wrong with the Terevail brand, but just saying you're not stuck with that brand unless if you want to be stuck with that brand.

47mm tire is about 1.85 inches, so that is a size reduction in width mostly, if that's what you want then those should fit, but if you use the bike for off-road/trail/gravel riding and are not an accomplished rider, the wider tire will give you a bit more confidence riding on those types of surfaces. However, the size difference is not that great, so it might not be a big deal.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS