• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Charlie Sheen

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
If Charlie Sheen can pass a drugs test, no wonder pro-cyclists can...

One thing is for sure,,,,,,, there will be a Party at Charlie’s house over the weekend. ….errrrrrrr what am I saying….everyday is the weekend for that guy.

“like a 2000lb laser guided bomb” LMAO

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
It'd all be funny except for a relative going through exactly the same thing, right now. Some serious bi-polar psychosis on all fronts. Makes me really glad I own a bike for stress relief.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, me too. I missed 3 of the first 4 and nailed the rest of them.

Wow. Do I suck at pop culture. 4/10 FAIL!

A

Anonymous

Gold Jerry, pure gold!

The highlighted are some of my fav's.

“I have a disease? Bull****. I cured it with my brain.”
“Winning, anyone? Rhymes with winning. Anyone? Yeah, that would be us. Sorry, man, didn’t make the rules. Oops!”
"I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total *****in’ rock star from Mars."
"You can’t process me with a normal brain."
“If you borrowed my brain for five seconds, you’d be like, ‘Dude! Can’t handle it, unplug this *******!’ "It fires in a way that’s maybe not from, uh… this terrestrial realm.”
"I was banging seven-gram rocks, because that’s how I roll. I have one speed, I have one gear: Go."
"Can't is the cancer of happening."
“Wow. What does that mean? I’m bi-WINNING.”
“I am battle-tested bayonets, bro.”
“I’m so tired of pretending my life isn’t perfect and *****ing and just winning every second and I’m not perfect and *****in’.”
“Look what I’m dealing with, man, I’m dealing with fools and trolls.”
“It’s just strafing runs in my underwear before my first cup of coffee, because I don’t have time for these clowns.”
“You have the right to kill me, but you do not have the right to judge me. Boom. That’s the whole movie. That’s life.”
“I’m sorry man, I got magic and I’ve got poetry in my fingertips, you know, most of the time, and this includes naps."
"I’m an F-18, bro.”
“I’m not Thomas Jefferson. He was a pussy.”
"I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
"I'm bi-winning."
"There’s a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins.”
"The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards, all of them look like droopy-eyed armless children."
"The only thing I’m addicted to right now is winning.”
"I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists.
"[CBS] picked a fight with a warlock."
"If you’re a part of my family, I will love you violently."
"Winning."
"I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path because it was written for normal people. People who aren’t special. People who don’t have tiger blood and Adonis DNA."
"C’mon bro, I won best picture at 20. I wasn’t even trying. I wasn’t even warm."
"Winning."
"Bring me Dr. Clown shoes."

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
genius/insane...a thin line for Charlie

5/10 eh?

seriously? you must be kidding. He has had the benefit of great writing, Chuck Lorre is the star of the show as well as the casting. You take away the writing or Holland Taylor or Chonchata Ferrell, Charlie isnt nearly as funny. Who would think a character boozy Charlie Harper would actually be saner & more sober than the actor who plays him on TV?:eek:
talented? most definitely
well cast? absolutely
genius?he's no Einstein. listen to him rant about the world trade center just sad....

runninboy said:
seriously? you must be kidding. He has had the benefit of great writing, Chuck Lorre is the star of the show as well as the casting. You take away the writing or Holland Taylor or Chonchata Ferrell, Charlie isnt nearly as funny. Who would think a character boozy Charlie Harper would actually be saner & more sober than the actor who plays him on TV?:eek:
well cast? absolutely
genius?he's no Einstein. listen to him rant about the world trade center just sad....

evidently you are not listening to the various interviews. get back to me when you do your homework.junior.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
runninboy said:
well cast? absolutely

Dude;

You know that mr SoCal posted Sheen quotes from recent interviews and not lines from that show on TV? Right?

beam me up scotty

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
Dude;

You know that mr SoCal posted Sheen quotes from recent interviews and not lines from that show on TV? Right?

beam me up scotty

wow u think those quotes are a sign of genius? :eek:
he is a friggin wack job spewing sophmoric humour/vitriol
i don't find humour or great insight in his quotes just another sad pathertic individual who has been given far too much canvas too smear with his feces

look if u have ever worked a show you are bombarded with this kind of humor, crew guys sit around the coffee machine talking about crap like this, then you go to makeup and hair and more people think they are comedians, wardrobe same way, they quote other actors comedians etc etc it makes boring time pass. Every friggin gopher boy coffee runner thinks they are the next undiscovered genius. People spew this stuff 24/7 then they repeat it. I have heard half that **** before in different context from different people. charlie has borrowed it and made it his own.
If you guys want to believe this is all him on the spur of the moment fine, live in your little fantasy world that doesn't know of years and years of exposure to this crap.

Hollywood is filled with tens of thousands of self absorbed people spewing self promoting one liners. In the industry they encourage you to come up with a one liner you pitch to describe yourself it's called a log line. Some people use the "Kevin Costner meets Robert Deniro" log line
others go for "Sinatra, Jagger Richards but to the power of ten" type of thing hmmmm see any similarities yet?
I heard another actor use my log line in a TV interview once and i almost threw up. It was more intricate than most and more than a little wordy so i stopped using it. And there it was on TV... Everything gets "borrowed" in this town. People improvise in an audition and it gets "borrowed" into the show, but with a different actor.
It is so prevelent the Union had to prohibit improvisation from auditions so actors don't have their material stolen without compensation. But it still goes on everyday because people are desperate.
When you audition the casting director will tell you " we can't ask you to improvise, but we can't stop you either . if you want to do it go ahead , remember you want to be seen at your best..." gosh thanks for clearing that up. I had someone come up to me who worked in a production office and he said he loved my "fat girl" routine, he used to watch it all the time. It turned out to be a snippet of tape from an audition that had been passed around between production offices. this town just regurgitates this stuff over & over and then people claim it as their own.
Charlie is just regurgitating the works and views of a million self absorbed actors, not new material by any stretch. Hell there are probably some tallulah Bankhead quotes in there as well. Alot of this stuff has a similar slant. At least she was original. So believe what you will but
I, instead, will just choose to be passionately apathetic,
meh

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Very sorry to hear that he has deteriorated and had been canned, TAAHM was probably the only current USA comedy I would watch and find entertaining. Maybe they could do Emilio up to look more like him and do a straight swap (yeah yeah I know he already played his dead friend!)

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
6/10 but that was just a strafing run in my underwear before my first cup of coffee. Tried again without checking answers.... 6/10 again. Damn it, I'm Thomas Jefferson.

TRENDING THREADS