• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chicken' to Saxo

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
gingerwallaceafro said:
Would be more credible than Vino or Ricco.

Please tell me this is a joke. Rassmussen lied about where he was to avoid dope tests and was removed from the Tour de France by his team. And he was banned for using Dynepo. Why should he be more credible? :confused:

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
isayic said:
Please tell me this is a joke. Rassmussen lied about where he was to avoid dope tests and was removed from the Tour de France by his team. And he was banned for using Dynepo. Why should he be more credible? :confused:

He wasn't banned for using Dynepo. He was pulled from the Tour because his whereabouts were incongruent by his team. I'm not trying to points score here, I don't trust him as far as I could throw him, but surely the same rules apply as with Ricco (the ***) and Vino (the ***)?

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
I find it highly unlikely that Chicken will ever race for Riis again. He rode for CSC-Tiscali in 2002, and was not offered a new contract because Riis meant that he didn't fit in with the philosophy of the team. Not easy to be an egoistic loner in a team that emphasizes cooperation on all levels.

Besides, most of the other riders would probably not like it at all.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Article from june 1. about Michael Rasmussen:

http://politiken.dk/sport/cykling/article984304.ece

It says that Rasmussen left Miche because of Mononucleosis from which he still suffers. He is seeing many doctors and experts about it. He plans on participating in the Danish championship in the end of the month if health allows. He was in Verona at the Giro and talked to different people and because of this he thinks there is a good possibility that he will ride the Vuelta, though nothing has been decided yet. He thought the Giro was very exiting this year, and that Arroyo should have attacked on the Gavia.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
isayic said:
Please tell me this is a joke. Rassmussen lied about where he was to avoid dope tests and was removed from the Tour de France by his team.

It is still painful to remember what they did to him. And to think that at the same time other riders were being warned in advance about the doping controls.

Video is funny though, have to admit.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
HL2037 said:
Article from june 1. about Michael Rasmussen:

http://politiken.dk/sport/cykling/article984304.ece

It says that Rasmussen left Miche because of Mononucleosis from which he still suffers. He is seeing many doctors and experts about it. He plans on participating in the Danish championship in the end of the month if health allows. He was in Verona at the Giro and talked to different people and because of this he thinks there is a good possibility that he will ride the Vuelta, though nothing has been decided yet. He thought the Giro was very exiting this year, and that Arroyo should have attacked on the Gavia.

I heard the opposite, that Miche left Rasmussen as he was keeping telling he wanted to ride in a bigger team.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
He should be team captain for the El Pollo Loco team... which is a terrible chicken fast food place in the U.S. I always wanted to ride for Armadillo Willies :(

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
I heard the opposite, that Miche left Rasmussen as he was keeping telling he wanted to ride in a bigger team.

I'm just referring what the article says. It's an interview done by Mogens Jacobsen of newspaper Politiken, and most of it is direct quote of Rasmussen.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Just to state the obvious: There's no way in hell Saxo Bank hires the Chicken. He's poison, he doped, he refuses to admit it (though he actually did in a backwards way in one interview). Whether in fact he did anything that others weren't doing is perhaps an open question, but the fact is he's widely seen as a symbol of everything that's wrong with the sport. He's bitter, he's not very good any more and on top of that he's ridden for Saxo before and it didn't work out very well.

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't trust auto translations. "The Chicken will ride the Tour for Riis" sounds like something that's a done deal, when the true meaning is "The Chicken would like to ride the Tour for Riis".

Basically he remains out of touch with reality, saying that he could help win the Tour for Saxo if Riis took him on board. I think the chance of Riis taking him in is about as big as ASO allowing him to ride the Tour again in the first place, ie. none.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
Yep, no problem.
Was just sharing what I heard from some guys close to him.

You are probably right. No doubt Michael is being overly optimistic about his future. It was the same thing last year when he announced he was just about to sign with this team and that team, and nothing came of it. Probably his career is over, he was robbed and now it's too late and there is nothing he can do about it. It is a bitter pill to swallow. He didn't have the right connections, and in cycling that is more important than talent and hard work. Look at Ricco. He was taken away by the police in handcuffs in front of everybody. Talk about making the sport look bad. But he is back again.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Didn't know where to put this.

I was trying to google news about Rasmussen and somehow this thread came up.

It took me some time to realize their whole forum is a parody.

Anyhow, carry on ...

Everything he writes is true except Michael Rasmussen was never president of DK. But that's an easy mistake to make, since all danes are called either Rasmussen or Sørensen.

Recently our national government funded PR-bureau found that this viral campaign was an apropriate way to market Denmark to tourists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiKRA-syT5M

TRENDING THREADS